Calabogie spring ride

NickEmon1998

Was wondering if there was a group I could tag along with that's going on the calabogie spring ride for dad. I'm 16 ride a ttr 230 and I am probably at the novice/intermediate level. I ride a lot of ATV trails around calabogie motorsports, stones lake Sprouse hedge, spend some time at the motocross track on tatty hill and I ride around by the upper and lower fish lakes quite a bit. I want to try out some single track but all my friends have quads and the few that have bikes are not interested in the OFTR and BMA. So if you have a group going that's at the novice/intermediate level and doesn't mind an extra guy let me know. Thanks in advance,
Nick.

Vfrog

Hi Nick

Welcome to BMA. Yes there will be plenty of opportunities for you to hook up with riders. I would be happy to show you some of our single track when things thaw out and dry out. We are all very keen to get back on the trails but need to be very careful to allow the trails to dry out so we do not damage them. There are spring orientation rides listed on the web site and some trail clearing days. I will be organizing the Calabogie South side trail clearing day on May the 17th. We usually break into small groups of about four riders and run to different areas. With no major ice storms or heavy snow storms the trails should be in good shape. Have you ridden in Limerick Forest yet? It is a good Novice /Intermediate area that dries up faster than Calabogie does.

bohomoto

NickEmon1998":18joph35 said:
Was wondering if there was a group I could tag along with that's going on the calabogie spring ride for dad.

Hi Nick,

To answer your question, there will definitely be a group for you to ride with at the May 31 Spring "Ride for Dad" Event. Usually, everyone breaks off into 4 or 5 groups, depending on how many people attend the event. There will be at least one beginner, intermediate, advanced and expert level group. You can choose which ever group you feel most comfortable with.

Each group is led by a BMA volunteer that knows the area. The leader chooses trails that match the group's skill level. Even the beginner group does a little single track.

Each group also has a sweep rider that stays at the back to make sure no one is left behind.

Hope to see you there. The BMA events are a great way to ride safely and responsibly. After the ride, make sure to tell your friends how much fun it is to ride with a group.

Blake