Calabogie Parking

acerider

I plan to do some of the trails in Calabogie this weekend. Where is the best place to park and leave a trailer? I am planning on getting onto the trails close to the Calabogie Highlands Golf Course, can I park there?

Marilius

There is a big horse ride this weekend by the golf course. The club is asking us to avoid the area. You can park by Lavant station @ https://goo.gl/maps/t9Uc9UUVkPn if you are riding this weekend.

If you do see anyone on horsesback please Stop and turn off your bike and wait for instructions from the rider.

See the BMA news letter from Chris Davis sent on Aug 29th for more info.

zedro

Alternatively I would park at high falls, but avoid driving the KnP by accessing Tatty Hill (turn off at the mailboxes before the golf course). Stay off Bompass but the 77 should be ok past high falls.

SteveM

I found a information sheet for the horse event. They are starting just off Tatty Hill road. They have trail rides up to 50 miles on Saturday and up to 30 miles on Sunday. They will be hard to avoid unless you go somewhere far south like Lavant Station.

zedro

SteveM":3q4sujrd said:
I found a information sheet for the horse event. They are starting just off Tatty Hill road. They have trail rides up to 50 miles on Saturday and up to 30 miles on Sunday. They will be hard to avoid unless you go somewhere far south like Lavant Station.
Which part of Tatty? If it's just between KnP and the field/Bompass, then driving past there in your truck is not a big deal (not like there won't be anyone driving past, it's a common access road anyways). I wouldn't overthink this, at least I'm not driving all the way to Levant lol. We just don't want the bikes going by, so just park further in.

zedro

Was disappointed didn't get to see any horsey's today, apparently they were going more towards Levant on the KnP, nobody was in the area.