Calabogie newbie Looking for trail head

Sp3c1a7k

Hello!
Some friends and i have rented a cabin in the Ompah / Canonto area. None of us have ever been in the area before, and would like to have atleast a couple to trail heads to start from.

Any advice, Geo cords tips would be very welcomed!

Thanks!

rossw

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if you saw this page, but it provides the main parking areas as well as some trail info.
https://bma1.ca/calabogie-c16.php

I hope you have a GPS and are experienced with it. Calabogie is large and it is easy to get twisted around.

Ross

Sp3c1a7k

Hey Ross, i did see that page and its a good start. but i was hoping to find some connecting trails, so that maybe we would not have to drive from the camp. And we could just ride off.

Marilius

Hey,

Just an FYI, you'll find it really hard to find someone in the club that will just give you trails unless they go out with you first, and with Covid going on right now there is not a lot of open rides happening :( . There is a number of reason why we don't give them out Ex. safety, land use issues...

However if you head over to some of the ATV club sites some of them post some ATV trails to the public that u can use, which will give you a nice starting point..

Ryan

Marilius

oh also forgot to say, OFTR is working on an App that will have some trials, but no clue when it will be up and running or even what trails will be on it.

Sp3c1a7k

Thanks for the info!

Im looking at the sat view on google, and i think we should be able to get to Levant Station starting point, without having to take any cars. So i guess we will try that. From there its looking like we could try the K&P, and some mountain trails.

Still have a couple of weeks before the trip, i will keep researching.
Thanks for all your help so far.

Kevin

Sp3c1a7k

Thanks for that PM, i will check out those trails.

I have a more specific request now, im looking for a trail that can get me from (Arcol Rd/Canonto Rd) to Lavant Station. On google maps the Crows distance is 8km, but if we take the road is 25km.

Anyone know if there is a way through?