Calabogie - how are the trails for the DS rider in mind?

scott1

Hello,

I'm thinking of riding some of the 2008 DS route (what I can remember of it) next weekend. Has anyone been on the interior trails of Calabogie? what are the conditions like for a DS rider (aka: 650cc bike) :wink:

I'm not sure what day (Saturday or Sunday) just throwing this out for discussion.

Terry

Staff member
Hydro line conditions are good, anything that could be called a road is good. I don't know about the single track stuff yet
Cheers,

DevlinPM

I headed West from Nepean yesterday looking to make it to the Calabogie area. I didn't make it that far as the rain clouds chased me eastwards. The few single tracks that I did look at here and there were all too wet for me and it was my first ride of the season so I burned up my rear tire on the roads instead.

scott1

I have one friend on another 650 looking to ride early Sunday morning from the GC. arrive at 7:30am ish, have breakfast and then ride. Looking to head back up the K&P to get back around noon at the GC.
I'm not sure if we will need a scuba team or axe to navigate some of the trails. I plan on sticking to the double track or "main" trails that go west over to Ompha.

all are welcomed, not sure of what the pace will be like / conditions. :?

scott1

Thanks Terry, yes that is correct the Highlands Golf Course. I usually have breakfast then head out on the trails. Supporting the local economy :)

P.S. I do enjoy golfing too, however I would rather be trail riding. :eek:

thumpididump

While I'm very eager to go for a ride, I'd have to be on the road well before sunrise :shock: in order to be there for 7:30am.

SRioux

So... is anybody confirmed for this Sunday, April 18?

I would be willing, but I don't think I can make it until 9h00 in the morning.

I'm looking forward to riding Calabogie trails!

scott1

The trails I took were in good shape, (lots-o-water) and muck in some places but managable.

I've added some photos. :D

I left the GC at 8:20am and arrived in Ompha around 10:20am. Only a few ATVers out there no other DS riders. No wildlife seen. :shock:

I took the K&P back after fueling at Ompha booted over to Lavant station and back to the GC. 100km or so clocked today. :eek:

Attachments

• ompah1.JPG
    ompah1.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 16,067
  • directions2.JPG
    directions2.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 16,067
  • water1.JPG
    water1.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 16,067

scott1

A few more photos :wink:

Attachments

• sign1a.JPG
    sign1a.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 16,055
  • water2.JPG
    water2.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 16,055
  • bike11.JPG
    bike11.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 16,055

KevinV

Scott - Nice pics! Looks like it was a fun ride.
Just curious though, does the golf course mind riders parking their trailers there (for us people who tug our baby DS bikes around?) Or is there another place to park near by?

scott1

Yes, there is a field at the end of the road and you can park your car, truck, trailer in that area. The club house was not opened when I arrived on Sunday morning. The season really starts next weekend so the club house should be opened in the mornings around 8am. I did stop in for lunch but the woman who was working behind the bar said she could only muster up some fries and drinks at this time of the year. I stop in for either breakfast or lunch as part of my Calabogie trips. That parking is the same for the Calabogie Boogie each year. :)

I also trailer into Calabogie when I can.

EmmBeeDee

thumpididump":34m90ugr said:

The GC:
DSC00271.JPG

And the parking lot for the dirtbike crowd, right across the road.

DSC00269.JPG