calabogie boogie

A

Anonymous

OK JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW WHATS HAPPENING. WE HAVE A TENTATIVE LOOP DONE FOR SATURDAY THAT JUST NEEDS TO BE PRE RIDEN THE WEEK BEFORE. AND SUNDAYS LOOP TBD! APPROXIMATE MILLAGE FOR SAT LOOP IS 175KM LONG AND WILL BE ARROWED ON THE THURSDAY BEFORE THE BOOGIE I WILL BE UP IN CALABOGIE THIS SATURDAY 19TH?
AND MAYBE SUNDAY UNLESS I GO TO THE TRIALS IN ARDEN? I HOPE TO MEET WITH MY TRAIL BOSS DOUG NEXT WEEK TO SEE WHAT HE WOULD LIKE TO USE FOR SUNDAY'S LOOP. NOW I KNOW THERE IS STILL SOME TRAIL MAINTENANCE TO BE DONE WHICH IS DUE TO BE DONE OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS. WHAT WITH THE NEW TRAILS IT LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE ANOTHER GREAT BOOGIE.

DAVE W

A

Anonymous

I have not see much info on this ride posted on the ODSC website. Bytown Club might want to post a new update on the ODSC site. Many riders get all their riding info from that site.

A

Anonymous

What is required this year for the Boogie other than plates, insurance and a quiet bike. Do you need to be a member of a club or the BMA and if you are do you also require a CMA membership?

A

Anonymous

No affiliations necessary but if you are not a member of your local club and OFTR YOU SHOULD BE!

A

Anonymous

So I don't need a CMA membership ? I havn't had a chance to pay my BMA
fees this year as I couldn't make it to the club ride this spring.

A

Anonymous

No CMA membership required as we are now getting event insurance from a different source. BTW BMA membership now automatically includes OFTR membership so pick up a BMA application at the Boogie or print one off the website.

A

Anonymous

ok hear is what i need from members for the calabogie boogie (volunteers)

1: sign in crew (ic caroline)

2: arrowing crews (ic dave w /doug m) these guys must be available from the thursday right through to sunday!!

3: sound crew (ic TBA) for friday and saturday morning

4: gas crew/lunch crew.

5: pre ride crew made up from the arrowing crews as they will know the trail.

6:sweepers for saturday and sunday to pull arrows and to help straglers (must carry fanny pack with spare tubes/tools )

any one intersted in helping out drop me a line on here.

dave w

RLueders

Dave - I'll throw my hat in as a volunteer as a sweep rider. The only drawback is (same old thing) I never know when I'm going to be travelling.

Richard Lueders

A

Anonymous

looks like i will have my new(to me) xr250 up and running for the event. i will probly break the motor in just prior. i will book the weekend off and and will run as a sweeper.

dave mackenzie

A

Anonymous

good to hear you've got a bike again dave!!! i promise we won't go near any mine shafts!!!! :D and we'll make sure you're not left out ther overnight. hehehehehehe

A

Anonymous

Hi,
I have never attended a formal event and am wondering just how difficult the ride will be at Calabogie? I have been riding on my own property (we built a small track for the kids and me to practice on), and have been to Limerick only twice, went down a single track and loved it (slowly mind you). My son would also like to ride, he is 9 on a 65 SX. Is this ride for us?

Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

hey ktm girl i would advise you to attend the fall club ride up in calabogie there we can cater for both you and your son. i would recommend not doing the boogie ride as it caters more to experianced riders. the distances are between 150 and 200kms per day.

A

Anonymous

Thanks. I had a feeling this was a bit more advanced. I will keep an eye out for the fall ride.

A

Anonymous

Hey Guy's. Great Ride. Four of us came up and all really enjoyed the weekend. The course was pretty tough. There were a few "moments" that I thought OH OH THIS IS IT !! but I managed to save it. The 2nd option on Saturday was good..had to do a bit of pushing a couple of times but that's normal for me. Thanks for the great lunch and dinner, all very good. Took me all afternoon today to clean the bike, do all the maintence and clean my gear but now I'm ready for the Cord weekend (wifes gonna kill me). Anyway thanks for the great work..hats off to all involved. Oh, I did get confused a few times with the green and orange arrows on Sunday. I'd be riding the green and then see nothing but orange and think..did I miss the green? It all worked out but just thought I'd mention it. Happy trails !!

A

Anonymous

I'd be riding the green and then see nothing but orange and think..did I miss the green?

The green arrows were only at the trail heads of difficult sections, then they were orange again.

Richard L.

Fab ride guy's :D :D :D

Had just a bit to much fun with all the trail included....especially Sundays 2nd option...NICE.
Keep in mind of doing a main trail loop so riders can tailor the ride to there difficulty level...as we try to do at the Algonquin ride. I'm sure the Jr/novice riders were cursing a few times, get me outta here.
Also all those logs/sticks on 45 degree angles :shock: :shock:....opened my eyes a few times. yikes.

Keep improving upon the great work
Thanks Dave for chairing the event :!: :!:

THANKS
Richard

Oh....how come we don't do the Lavant Mnt look-out??? did we do the back side single track section of knarl... if not... lets. The more sickness the better.

A

Anonymous

Ditto what Richard said.

I love pie plates, big ones telling me great info with numbers corresponding to a map.

:D Warm meal was great on a cold day!