• I'll be on the trail ride instead

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can't make it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Terry

Staff member
The upcoming BMA Spring Ride (May 31, 9:00 sign-in at HGC) has a Dual Sport option this year!
Sign-in is the same time, place and cost as the trail rides ($20 for BMA members and $30 for non-members)
Gather around the Dual Sport leader instead of a trail ride leader and we will lead you on a 4+ hour scenic tour North of Calabogie and back in time for the BBQ. A sweep rider is provided should there be any troubles along the way. This is a "stock tire" or "Adventure tour" type ride suitable for blue plated insured bikes of any size. We will be riding mostly on dirt roads and forest access roads. GPS route is available as an attachment to this post and may be available at the start of the event.

We'd like very much to add aggressive options (hydro lines), but we need more volunteers to plan, lead and sweep. Better yet, we need to gear up for GPS loading at the start and not lead at all. Please volunteer your time for future rides to help make your BMA Dual Sport rides just the way you want them.

Attachments

• Club DS May 31 public.zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 318

PeteZ

I'll be there for the DS ride, possibly leading with my trusty GPS and map (I've also been briefed on the route).

I'll be starting from Stittsville (Esso @ Hazledean&Main) @8:00am. If there are any others interested in a nice ride to the DS starting point please PM me and we can arrange a meet-up. I can either swing by Almonte or Carleton Place to gather up more riders if there is any interest.... I just need to know in advance to take the appropriate route.

Let's keep our fingers X'd for good weather!

Cheers,
Pete
KLX250s

tj

It looks like my bike is working well enough so I'll be there as well. I can sweep or assist as needed.

I'll change my signature after the ride! :)

SRioux

PeteZ":3atvdl0r said:
I'll be starting from Stittsville (Esso @ Hazledean&Main) @ 8am.

I would be interested in joining you for a pre-ride. Is there enough time if we leave at 8h00?

I'll be coming in from the 417 down highway 5, is the Esso in plain sight when I get to Hazeldean?

tj

To clarify the start location, it's at the Calabogie Highlands Golf Course.

Take Barryvale Road west off Highway Hwy 511 and stay on it until you see lots of bikes...

Edited: This wrongly said Hwy 508 before.

PeteZ

SRioux":2ix8ktls said:
PeteZ":2ix8ktls said:
I'll be starting from Stittsville (Esso @ Hazledean&Main) @ 8am.

I would be interested in joining you for a pre-ride. Is there enough time if we leave at 8h00?

I'll be coming in from the 417 down highway 5, is the Esso in plain sight when I get to Hazeldean?

hmmm..... looks like the sign-in time is getting earlier an earlier ;-)

I we want to be there for 9am, then I'll change my leave-time to 7:30am (ouch) from Esso.

If you are coming down from 417 westbound, take the Carp-rd exit, South to Hazeldean and head East and and the Esso is at the first light. If no one else is joining us, I could meet you at the Sunoco at Carp & Hazeldean instead.

Cheers,
Pete

Terry

Staff member
I was told sign is was from 8-9 and riders meeting was at 9:30. I'd think if you can get your pre-ride group to the HGC by 9-9:15 we should be fine. Remember if you're late just find someone to register you and head out on the route. you'll catch up and pass me no problem. Nothing wrong with having our sweeper in front of our leader is there? :oops:

SRioux

Yes ouch for 7h30, I'm not a morning person! Or if an hour is enough then 8h00 it is.

No problem for the Esso, I can find it.

PeteZ

SRioux":rmj1ny1y said:
Yes ouch for 7h30, I'm not a morning person! Or if an hour is enough then 8h00 it is.

Cool - 8am @ the Esso it is then.

Anyone planning on joining our pre-ride at Almonte (~8:25ish)? (my first gas stop)

tj

PeteZ":tlvzcp39 said:

Anyone planning on joining our pre-ride at Almonte (~8:25ish)? (my first gas stop)

I will go straight there instead of meeting in Almonte; I expect time will be a bit tight with an 8:25 Almonte departure.

PeteZ

SRioux":29if9sd6 said:

Looks like it's just you and me - let's meet at the Sunoco at Carp & Hazeldean ready to leave @ 8am.

(( BTW, that Esso by the way is actually a PetroCan))

Cheers,
Pete

EmmBeeDee

What a great day!

I'd rather have sleet, rain and snow than bugs any day!

3582558893_d5ab32bf07.jpg

You can't quite see the snow in this resolution of the shot, but It's obviously making Mike happy!

More pictures of the Dual Sport group here: http://picasaweb.google.ca/emmbeedee/BMADualSportRide#

Thanks to all who made this so much fun, and safe too.

Hope I didn't slow you down too much; we'll try to get more appropriate tires for next time.

Mike Downey

Stephanie

Yes, I'll add my thanks as well! I had a great time. I think 2C was the coldest temperature I saw on the display for the ride, most of the time it hovered at about 3.5C. I was glad I had all my gear on and was plugged in!

Thanks a lot to all of you who organised this ride and a big thanks to the leader and sweep!

Stephanie

SRioux

Very nice riding with everyone!

It was cool to see all the bikes at the start.
IMGP0472 - Small.JPG

Don't forget the hail too!
IMGP0476 - Small.JPG

A little bit of sunshine would be good for next time.

I hope I can repeat this soon.

Doug

Administrator
Stephanie":18c3f89k said:
Yes, I'll add my thanks as well! I had a great time. I think 2C was the coldest temperature I saw on the display for the ride, most of the time it hovered at about 3.5C. I was glad I had all my gear on and was plugged in!

Thanks a lot to all of you who organised this ride and a big thanks to the leader and sweep!

Stephanie

Mike and Stephanie, It was good to chat with you guys for the first time in ???? years!
Sorry we didn't have much time to talk. Glad the DS ride went well.

We endured 100 + km of slick and narly rock and roots on the off-road route...making a normal technical trail more like a trials section in places! We had a good group of riders though and everyone was pretty happy. A little wet and cool at times, but as noted...no bugs! :D

Regards, Doug