Blake MacMillan memorial

Eric

This topic has been established for members to post their memories and thoughts of Blake MacMillan, who was lost in a tragic dirt bike accident in the Calabogie Highlands on Sunday May 1, 2016. A couple of members are thinking about putting together a timeline of Blake experiences, please post your memories here along with any photos you may have.

RobP

I find I often think of Blake as I head up the 511 to go for a ride in Calabogie. Whether I'm going out on trails we've ridden together on, or like today when we went out on the first ride on a new gnarly trail on the south side with a monster climb and a descent that was almost straight down - a trail where Blake would've been able to show us all how to get up the tough stuff in the first go!

Miss ya' Blake.

smokin

It has been a year since the tragic accident left our community without Blake to ride with. Without Blake to help out. Without Blake to be our friend. As I return to riding after the winter hiatus my thoughts turn to Blake. I know he would want us to reflect on why we ride and why we belong to the BMA. First I ride to ride, I cannot supplant that "me" element, nor would I want to. But Blake and his "service to the community" ethic has brought home for me the fact that it takes a community to raise a dirt biker. Please spare a few thoughts for Blake as you return to ride this season. For Blake and the community he wants the BMA to be. Thoughts lead to ideas, ideas lead to actions and actions change the world.

tenny80

I never had the chance to meet Blake. This time last year though I had just bought my first dual sport bike and had made a post with some questions about the area. Blake was one of the first to respond and in addition he sent me an email with all kinds of information including GPS points, where to park, etc. I had actually forgotten about the email but found it recently when looking for some information I had on the area. I wish I had gotten the chance to meet Blake, he sure did go out of his way to help me out, a complete stranger. I think that talks a lot about the kind of man he was.