Anyone try the Millenium Trail from Picton to Trenton?

jmajor

Wife and I were in Picton for St Patty's day, and there were a few dirt bikes and ATV's cruising down the millennium trail! Didn't even think of bringing the dirtbike, but now I am!

Anyone ride this trail? especially the Picton to Trenton stretch? Looks pretty tame, maybe better suited to dual sport, but heck i'll ride whatever this early in the year to work on the "basics"!

Thinking of going up early to mid-April timeframe...

thanks in advance!

J

2017 KTM 250 XCW

GString

Hi!

I’ve been up and down that trail several times, it definitely is tame but a nice ride.

The trail stretches from Picton up to the Trent-Severn Canal (portion that connects the Bay of Quinte to Lake Ontario).

Past this point it continues to Trenton, but that section is prohibited to motorized vehicles.

One particularly cool place is on Lake Consecon where tre trail extends over via a dyke, great place for pictures

jmajor

Hey! Thanks for the info!

The folks at the Waring house said they could lock up the bike at night in their workshop, so they seemed quite open to dirt bikers taking advantage of the trails.

Jason

Hi,

Do you guys think it would be a good trail to do some easy riding with the kids ? (My kids are usually okay in most of limerick forest trails)
If yes, where does its start, is there any place to park ?

Thanks

Simon

jmajor

Yes, I believe it would be great for kids to learn on, it's not very technical, pretty wide and flat.

The only consideration is that it's a mixed use trail, so as long as they know to stay on their own side, how to properly pass hikers and cyclists, they should be good. I'd look for a spot on the trail where it's away from any towns, and you'd likely never see anyone!

I don't know the exact details of the trail, like I said in my post, there is a way to get on it at Picton, but it winds through quite a few towns...do a search for Millenium trail and you should see where it starts and ends, and you can pick a spot you'd like to try!

Good luck!