Anyone going riding Today (Limerick or Calabogie Dual Sport

scott1

Hi,

I don't have many free weekends and the sky decided to open today of all days when I wanted to head out to Limerick or Calabogie.

if anyone is heading out I'm riding a XR650L. I favor Limerick due to the driving distance.

I will be online until 1:30pm.

SRioux

Hi Scott,

Is Limerick dual sport friendly?

I'm new to the club and riding, so I'm looking for good places to go.

scott1

Hi, Limerick is dual sport friendly. their are single and double tracks. I can spend a few hours in the forest and not get board. There is room to turn around in most cases on the trails in the event you run into a huge mud hole or don't feel that lucky on taking a run up the side of a hill.

I ended up going on Sunday this past week around 4pm. It was barron and only 4 Quad runners to be found racing around. Lots of mud and water,

Calabogie is very nice, with some roadways and trails to tackle. I attended my first Calabogie Boogie last year and I did the GPS treck with 2 other riders. It was good but it rained most of the first day of the two day event.

I would suggest the Limerick family ride if you want to meet some members of the BMA and not go it alone on the trails.

your bike is similar to mine and the trails of Limerick are forgiving of its size :)

SRioux

I've put the Limerick ride in my calendar.

Let me know if you plan on returning, I would be interested.

Thanks.

scott1

Hi,

I actually have time for riding again this weekend... :shock: Looks like rain on Sat but Sunday looks clear. I was thinking of a ride into Calabogie this time around. I would trailer my bike up to the golf course, have breakfast there and start working my way down to maybe the Lavant station area.

Calabogie is about 1.5 hours drive from my home. If time is going to be short I will go to Limerick instead. (have to wait and see that morning).

PM if your interested in joining on Sunday. (80% positive it will be Calabogie at this point).

SRioux

Hi Scott,

It's looking good for Sunday!

I'm eager to try out either place... I just need to be careful as this is my first year riding. I've put in 1500 km of asphalt and dirt roads already, but I also managed to drop the bike once.

I'll be riding in, what golf course do you start out of?

scott1

sounds good. Calabogie is made up of a lot or double track, logging roads at least where I go.

gas up once you turn off from HWY to Calabogie. last gas for a while.

you can reach me at: scott.rivet at gmail dot com

I was thinking of being at the golf course for 9:00am or 9:30 am for breakfast then head out by 10 or 10:30am. To spot me in the restuarant: (I will have a solid red or black jersey on <balding guy>)

let me know if this sounds good to you.

**I may go to Limerick tomorrow if the weather is good. not sure morning or afternoon yet...

scott1

Hi Steve,

Great ride today at Calabogie. Thanks for coming out.

Logged 127Km from the Golf Course, Lavant station, Lavant, Ompha, K&P trail, etc....

Scott

SRioux

Hi Scott,

Very nice ride indeed! Thanks for showing the way.

Here are a few pics:

Attachments

• IMGP0460 - Small.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 6,926
  • IMGP0462 - Small.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 6,926
  • IMGP0464 - Small.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 6,927