2018 Weekly Trials Practice

Terry

Staff member
Weekly Trials practice is on again this year and once again it's an official BMA sanctioned event for insurance purposes. There is no fee for this ride but some volunteer hours for maintenance and improvements are expected. This year the ride is on Wednesday evenings from 5:00 PM to dusk with Eric Brackenbury as the event coordinator. I have been working with Eric to expand the trials park to safely accommodate more riders and add a few more interesting rocks as well this spring. Postings to this thread are welcome to coordinate who is coming out to ride or work on any given Wednesday but ultimately it will be Eric's emails to his growing list of BMA trials rider that will dictate if the event is a go or not each week. The day may vary according to weather predictions also, probably Wednesday or Thursday.

Much of the poison parsnips has survived from last year but trimming it is well at hand now and hopefully it will all be gone next year since it only lives a few years and propagates only by seed. Thanks for all the hours the riders have put into creating this trials park.

BMA trials riders riding this event at my place are very welcome to bring family members out to watch or to ride around the nearby trails, supervision of kids is your responsibility. Bring lawn chairs and bug spray if you like.

Trials riders are also welcome to ride on my Trials and Trails Ride-Days usually held on Saturdays. Details and dates here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2675 This is not the same thing as the BMA Trials Practice sessions discussed here in this topic (thread), for one thing I'll be there riding the trails and loaning out trail bikes, for another BMA membership is not required. Use my Trials and Trails Ride days to play in the trials area, ride the trails, or to teach someone how to ride a motorcycle on the lawn.
Cheers, Please prearrange a minder or riding buddy for trials riding on my ride days.

Note: Since I started a new topic rather than adding to last years you will need to subscribe to this one to get email notifications. The blue bar at the bottom of your screen has the words "Board Index" and just to the right of that it must say "Unsubscribe" with an X, if it says "Subscribe" with a check-mark then you need to press that button. [It's not stating your currently status, it is offering to subscribe you]

2018-06-25

Hi Folks
Due to the weather we are doing this TUESDAY evening this week at Terry's in Dunrobbin.

So see you all I Hope around 5.0pm till dusk

Bring helmet etc and bikes in safe maintained condition.
Riders must not ride alone, wait till a buddy shows up

"Let me know" Please if you plan on coming :)

Regards
Eric Brackenbury

Terry

Staff member
Posting this for Eric:

Hi Folks
Weather looks great so I will be there at 3.30 (no later)
I have to leave at 6pm so please let me know if you can make it !!
Only two people needed to stay after I leave.

The grass is in good shape from getting cut a week or so ago, don't waste an opportunity :)

RSVP

Eric

PS:
CVMG trial on Sunday at 11am start in Grenville Quebec 45°40’02.6”N 74°35’07.0”W

Wednesday October 3rd
Weather at the moment is supposed to be dry.
I will be there at 4.30 pm till dusk if anyone wishes to ride.
Please let me know ;-)
Eric

Wednesday October 10th
Weather at the moment is supposed to be dry.
I will be there around 4.30 pm till dusk if anyone wishes to ride.
"Please let me know"

Eric

Hi Folks
well we are very close to the end of the season so practice will be on a day to day basis.
If you are on the email list keep an eye on that as I will grab an opportunity for practice in Dunrobin according to the weather.
If anyone wants to ride then post here or email me directly.

If anyone can spare time I will be at Woody's on Sunday October 28th 10 till 3 to promote trials and cross training alongside the Beta Demo day.
The purpose is directed at supporting a dealership and endeavouring to help folks learn safer riding skills.

Catch up soon
Eric Brackenbury

Lc82

I would like to get into trials riding but have no clue where to start. I’ve never been on one. What bike would be recommended? I ride trail with a 300 xcw and I was thinking getting a trails bike would really help with my balance and overall make me a better rider. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks !

Lionel

Hi Lionel
Looks like you have stumbled on the right page :)
Can you come to Woody's on Sunday 28th ?
If so bring a helmet boots etc
If not P M me at
eric.brackenbury at gmail.com
Where are you located ?
Eric

Lc82":24o1jtn6 said:
I would like to get into trials riding but have no clue where to start. I’ve never been on one. What bike would be recommended? I ride trail with a 300 xcw and I was thinking getting a trails bike would really help with my balance and overall make me a better rider. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks !

Lionel