2015 boogie Call to Arms

rackatttack

OK people we need volunteers for this years boogie? things have changed a bit so the normal pre ride and sweep crews are no more.
What we are trying this year is breaking the Saturday route into 3 sections each covered by a team to take care of clearing, Arrowing and sweeping.
we have tentative routes planned with options for each section and have some volunteers already assigned to sections, along with possible team leaders.

So what we need now is low intermediate to high level riders to put there names forward to Roy our volunteer coordinator or on here so we can get an idea of who can help?

Your commitment will consist of riding the sections in the next few months with the team leaders so you know the route and evacuation points if needed and reroute options for inclement weather conditions. and working on the sections. you biggest commitment will be the weekend before the event to do course marking and the Thursday Friday and the Saturday of the event.

North side help is needed too and you can contact woody or tom for there schedule

Dave out

bohomoto

I'm would like to help on both days.

Margaux wants to help with registration and/or other tasks that will still allow her to ride both days.

Blake

greybeard

For those of you who do not know me, my name is Bill Fulton and I am the volunteer coordinator for the Bytown Motorcycle association. There is a link on the BMA web site, which you can use to volunteer and which will lead you to me (look under the "About BMA" tab and find "Volunteer Signup"). You can also use my personal gmail address - fultonb48@gmail.com. Either will work fine. I will prepare an excel spreadsheet to track names and skill levels for those who have already responded to Dave's request and other volunteers that emerge as we move forward .... Bill

rackatttack

looking to try and head out both Saturday and Sunday this week (11-12) work permitting have some work to do on a few trails but will be mostly riding planning on 9am starts both days bring hand shears for trimming trail face slappers location HGC

rackatttack

ok time to bump this to the top again we still need some volunteers to help I will be up this Sunday to ride section 1 and to figure mileage some of this section is tough so novice riders be aware
HGC 8:30 for breakfast rain or shine

AJayne

Dave,

I will be there this Sunday to help out and I can help both days during the Boogie. I will let Roy know.

Andrew

rackatttack

Quick notice to volunteers while we appreciate your weekend of the event commitment we are looking for workers that can be available the weekend before and from the Thursday Friday before the boogie!
The reason is so that !, you know the route/section and 2, the work needed gets done in each section. SORRY if It sounds harsh (maybe I'm getting old) but this is the way it is

Skyllz

rackatttack":qf7a7sjk said:
and from the Thursday Friday before the boogie!

Bill already has me in for the whole week prior to bogie aseeded. August will be easier for me to get out on week-end also until Bogie. :)