2010 Dual Sport season

SRioux

What's in the plans for this year's riding season?

I'm already looking forward to the snow melting away! And if it doesn't melt fast enough, I might have to go out help it melt faster! :mrgreen:

Terry

Staff member
Well.. how about a Dual Sport meeting? I'd like to have one sometime in February to see what all the BMA's D-S people want to do this year. I'll be coordinating the BMA Dual Sport activities again this year as your Dual Sport Director but I need the rest of you to tell me what you want the club to do and how you'd like to contribute. Prospective members will be most welcome at this meeting.

Here's a preliminary list of topics up for discussion:
- Casual ride contact list
- rides held in conjunction with BMA trail rides
- Other rides such as Heather's fall charity ride
- Ronzo's GPS mapping project (route rating system)
- Dual Sport page(s) on the BMA web site
- Recruitment ideas
- Progress report on the 2010 BMA/Rally Connex D-S Boogie
- Swap meet
- Other ideas

When and where would everyone like to have this meeting? I have no plans yet so all suggestions are appreciated.

SRioux

I'm ready for a meeting, say when!

I'm also in to help organize rides, work on GPS projects and develop the website as well.

Here is a website I made last year and still maintaining. The event is part of the national championship and it's this weekend in Maniwaki for those interested! I'll be there as a volunteer enjoying the 4 wheel rallying until the snow melts!

http://www.rallyeperceneige.com/

KevinV

My wife and I are in for a meet.

I'd suggest avoiding the Feb 26-28 weekend since it's the MTL bike show. Other than that, it's all good.

We are in Orleans, so anything in the Ottawa area is good for us. Of course, we will go with the masses on this one and can commute wherever on a weekend.

Looking forward to it!!

scott1

I'm in, need a bit of notice but I'm flexible on most weekends or evenings right now. Thanks.

Stephanie

I'm keen to participate this year, I really enjoyed the charity run and I appreciated being able to chicken out of some of the more technical sections.

I suggest a central location to everyone here, how about Bells Corners area as we are in North Gower and I think some of you are in the Pakenham area, right?

One of my goals this year is to try out some of the roads that run south off the Opeongo road and over to 515 south of Foymount. There is also the old Addington road that runs from Quadeville over to Griffith. That would make an interesting day-trip.

Stephanie

Actually, to get into the spirit of things, we could meet up at Munfords in Calabogie and pretend its summer :) .

Terry

Staff member
I don't have that good an imagination sorry.
I think it will be either in Bells Corners or Kanata at a small pub or restaurant. I'm looking at having our meeting on a Saturday afternoon either the 13th or the 20th of February at about 2:30 or 3. I'm going bar hopping this afternoon to see what looks good and is quiet enough for our purposes. Everyone please let me know if either of these dates are good or bad for you so I can finalize the meeting plan and get invitations out. I want lots of potential members out to this meeting so do invite your friends.
Cheers

Stephanie

We are attending a geocache event on the 13th at noon in Vanier but I'm sure we'd be done by mid-afternoon.... the following Saturday would be better for us though.

scott1

Any thoughts to having the meeting on a weekday in the evening vs. a weekend afternoon? :?:

Terry

Staff member
Let's meet on a Thursday evening at 7:30 at N45.32544 W75.82564 (Cock N' Bull Pub & Eatery, 3791 Richmond Road, Bells Corners, across from Harvey's). My preference is for the 25th of Feb to have more time to advertise but if the 25th is a poor choice for the majority I could still switch it to the 18th. I'll need everyone's feedback on this ASAP please.
Cheers,

SRioux

I would prefer the 25th.

We should make a detailed agenda of topics that could be sent out via the mailing list. There is already a good start in Terry's first post.

Stephanie

Our commuting times are such that evenings are out for us. We can keep up with the news via the forum.

Stephanie

KevinV

25th evening is fine for me.

No Sens game, so commuting from the East end should be fairly simple. :lol: