2009 Calabogie Boogie Dual Sport ride

Terry

Staff member
2009 Calabogie Boogie Dual Sport ride
This new Dual Sport ride is an extension of the Calabogie Boogie trail ride, a premier event in the OFTR trail ride series put on by the Bytown Motorcycle Association BMA. Ralley Connex in collaborating with the BMA's Dual Sport Group have put together a great selection of rides to suit any size Dual Sport bike and all riding abilities. Bring a friend for this amazing weekend of riding on trails and back roads.

The format for the Dual Sport ride is as follows:
The Sign-in, Start time & location, Sound checks (94db), Saturday evening banquet & trailside lunches Saturday and Sunday are all shared with the participants in the Calabogie Boogie Trail Ride.

The optional banquet at the Calabogie Highlands Golf Resort century-old clubhouse with guest speakers is not to be missed. Buy your ticket at the sign-in

The choice is yours as to what type of riding to do from the most aggressive trail riding Ontario has to offer to scenic tours of the countryside. If you want to do some of each type of riding that's fine too.

The two Dual Sport ride options "stock tire" and "aggressive" are GPS rides while the trail riding options are arrowed, mapped and rated for distance and difficulty. You can switch between Trail riding, Stock DS and Aggressive DS anytime between the three sessions: Saturday am, Saturday pm and Sunday am.

The start location for Saturday is at the Calabogie Highlands Golf Resort N45.27559 W76.72839 http://www.highlandsgolfclubs.com/calgo ... ctions.htm Sign in will also be available Friday night from 6-9 at this location. Sunday's ride starts at a gravel pit on Highway 509 N45.26946 W76.83459 about 20 km away from the Saturday start. Dual Sport riders may be better off to leave trailers at the Golf coarse since it's just 20km down the road to the Sunday start location.

Lunch is served trailside on Saturday (roast beef on a bun) and at the gravel pit on Sunday (BBQ sausages, burgers & salads)

SRioux

Sounding better every time I get more info! :mrgreen:

I'm still a bit confused as to what is included with the registration? (Meals, take-aways, etc.)

Terry

Staff member
Hi Steve,
You get to take away lots of great memories!
As a paying participant you are getting Saturday and Sunday lunches (all you can eat) included in your registration fee, plus you'll get to take away a BMA mug (or a T-shirt if you believe the flyer and advertisement that has been in circulation all summer :oops: ) And don't forget the discount for BMA members should you still be having any concerns about value for your money. You'll need to pay for your gas, accommodations Friday and Saturday night and all meals other than lunches and the optional Saturday night banquet (usually $25).
Cheers,

SRioux

Where are the best places to stay in the area?

I guess now is a good time to make a reservation!

Terry

Staff member
My past experience? The One year I set up my tent on the front lawn of the Buckhorn right at the sign-in. As a BMA worker (sound checks, sweeping) I'll stay wherever they find a place for me, sometimes a shared bedroom with someone snoring all night, sometimes a piece of cold floor in a rustic cabin, usually it's at Jocko's.

leander

I'm planning on heading down there :D

Steve, I live in Aylmer so since you live right by me let me know if you want to drive down together...

Leander
XR650L

SRioux

leander,

When and how are you going? (Ride or trailer?)

I want to leave as soon as I can Friday after work, I finish at 17h00. I'll be riding with my camping gear.

leander

Friday after work sounds good. I'm also heading down with my camping gear strapped to my back. I work in ottawa so I'd be able to leave around 17:30 from Aylmer/hull. I'll PM you with my contact details.

SRioux

Thanks for putting on a great aggressive ride! :mrgreen:

The power line trails west of Calabogie on Sunday were awesome!

Pics and videos to follow.