Winter riding

I'm about to put the Kold Kutter "ice screws" back in the well used knobbies for the winter in hopes of getting out for a few trail rides...weather/snow accumulation pending...anyone else likeminded that wants to meet up the occasional weekend/weekday to play? :D

zedro

Where are you usually riding winter trails? Does limerick get tracked out enough by ATV s and sleds to be manageable?

ahhh...yes, did't have a trailer last year so "riding" was limited to going for a rip around the subdivision whenever we had a decent snow storm. I'm blueplated so is kind of legit...was good to rip around but am thinking getting out into some trail would be a bit more fun. Just installed Kold Kutters in every knobbie of my front tire and around the sidewall knobbies of my rear. In process of ordering another 1000 screws to install multiples in the rear. Plan...get out for some local ice riding with some guys who equip themselves proper (Jones tires). My plan is to just get out and cut some laps...am game for alternative riding though and intersted in riding Limerick. If the Almanac is correct...low snow but cold..could be a decent season of riding throughout...now to look into grip warmers..;)