Volunteers - Limerick forest Open House - Sept. 24th

Doug

Administrator
There will be an open house at the Limerick Forest Chalet on Sunday the 24th. That same day the BMA will be running a "motorized user" information and education wicket in conjunction with the Johnstown ATV group...at the "Y" down in the forest center. There will be an "easy-up" with a tables, chairs, sound meter (for the curious) and supporting documents.

The purpose of the session is not just to "show the flag" but inform users as to the expectations of the Forest and County on motorized users as per their website: http://www.limerickforest.ca/info/recreation/atv
We have developed a flyer containing this information.

This is not a policing session, but some "friendly advice" to create some awareness and compliance before ignorance or stupidity is allowed to compromise the future of motorized (or any other) use in the forest. We are looking to run from 8 AM to 5PM running (3) three hours shifts of three workers plus ATV representatives. The times are:

08:00 - 11:00
11:00 - 14:00
14:00 - 17:00

There will be some opportunity to ride and spread the gospel during this session while we man the easy up also. You can also ride outside your "shift". You will need to have a (goes without saying?) quiet, licensed and insured bike and proper riding attire. If you ride there regularly and want to keep doing it...now would be the time to contribute. If there is sufficient response we may consider a Saturday session as well.

PM me with contact information or email me direct at xr650rj@yahoo.com and let me know your preferred shift (first come first serve) and/or sidekicks. If the forecast is very poor we will re-schedule for another weekend. that will be communicated here.

Regards, Doug

A

Anonymous

Everyone is welcome to come up to the chalet to check out the activities. BUT REMEMBER there will be many people watching that would like to restrict or eliminate our use of the forest. If you ride up to the Open House you will be acting as ambassadours for our sport. Therefore, please approach and depart very SLOWLY and very QUIETLY. Poorly muffled bikes are invited to stay away. Also, this would be a really bad time to explore the general area of the chalet.

mph450e

Also wanted to add that this wouldn't be considered a 'club ride', just an opertunity for folks to log some volunteer hours and then go for a ride, OR take a break from a ride and help us out for a few hours; you get the point. If anyone has any questions, I'm helping Doug on this so feel free to give me a call.

Mike Hillier - 613-258-1164

Cheers -

Mike