UCPR - your opinions

KTMgirl73

Hi Everyone,

I have been asked to post a copy of a form that was available at the January 25, 2007 meeting regarding the proposed 20-year management plan.

They were asking for our opinions regarding the various sections - Environmental, Social and Economical aspects of the presentation and what we would like to see or have them consider.

I hope some of you will take the time to write to the UCPR and ask them to consider your enjoyment of this forest, because it seems that the majority of the letters or comments sent in were against us using the forest... SO, let's counter those with positive comments as to why we SHOULD be allowed to use the forest.

Here are the major concerns by the public:

Noise - We already have a restricted noise limit as part of our code and most of us, if not all, have noise limiters.
Hooliganism - Mostly local kids I am sure, but we are blamed. We as a group discourage such behavior.

Positive points also:
Tourism - We come from far and wide bringing gas money, eating in local restaurants, etc.
Attracting the right type of riders (US!!)
We can help control and educate current users., etc..

Here is a basic reconstruction of the form, without a table - sorry, don't know how to transfer it.

Fôret Larose
Plan de protection et de mise en valeur (PPMV)

Larose Forest
Protection and Development Plan (PDP)

Recueil des préoccupations - Consultation Public le 25 janvier 2007
Concerns Collect - Public Consultation 25th of January 2007

Environmentales/Environmental -
Sociales/Social -
Economiques/Economical -

Deadline: February 12, 2007
Email to: LPrevost@prescott-russell.on.ca
Fax to: 1-613-675-1007

KTMgirl73

Here is my email to Mr. Prevost, and I sent a cc to the company doing the planning.

Mr. Prevost &
Mr. Goulet,

Just some more points I forgot to add:

Fôret Larose
Plan de protection et de mise en valeur (PPMV)

Larose Forest
Protection and Development Plan (PDP)

Recueil des préoccupations - Consultation Public le 25 janvier 2007
Concerns Collect - Public Consultation 25th of January 2007

Environmentales/Environmental -
Continue proper maintenance of forest as outlined in 20-year plan. Sounds like a really nice project with a positive future.

Sociales/Social -
Allow multi-use trails for ALL types of activites, with clearly defined rules concerning conduct, noise restrictions (currently at 96 dB I believe) and times (seasons) of use. We cannot forget that there are ways to minimize human impact on forests, while still being able to enjoy the forest.

Economiques/Economical -
Advertise the Forest as a friendly, clean and enjoyable area to visit.
Charge an entry fee with money to be used for the forest.
Create a website specific to the Larose Forest with information on rules/conduct, types of activities enjoyed, where they can be enjoyed with detailed maps, club information so that people can join if they want and/or if they need further information specific to their type of activity, and have advertisers like local restaurants, B&Bs, and service stations welcoming visitors to use their facilities.

for examples, please see:

The Ganaraska Forest Website:
www.grca.on.ca

and the Limerick Forest Website:
www.limerickforest.ca

Thanks.

Marlene Bleau