The "Boogie Monster" Thanksgiving'er Ride

bohomoto

The infamous "Boogie Man" loop consist of every single-track trail on the north side, ridden in both directions.

In an effort to change the androcentric culture of the dirt-biking community, I have given this ride a new (gender-neutral) title, "The Boogie Monster"!

If you are interested in riding The Boogie Monster (formerly, The Boogie Man), please join me on Saturday, October 11th. I suggest we meet at the Gravel Pit at 9am, ready to ride for 9:30.

We can discuss the order in which we ride the loop on Saturday morning but I suggest we begin with Garnsey in the forward direction (which ends with OMG Hill). Then we ride up Pit Bull to Lost Saint, Autobahn, Tom's Rhoden's, Oriole, Wonderland, Transec. At the end of Transec, we turn around and ride everything in the opposite direction. The last trail we ride will be Garnsey's in reverse.

Be forewarned! This ride will be extremely difficult to finish!

Who's in?

bohomoto

There are a few other people that are interested but that can only ride on Friday or Sunday.

I could do Sunday but would need to be driving home by 2pm. We would need to be riding by 9am, I estimate.

If Friday is an option for people, I could probably swing it.

zedro

Hi, what's the technical difficulty? I did all the pink courses for the boogies ride this year (both days), and did the Garnsey ride (intermediate group with Tom leading), but that's my only Calabogie experience. Was comfortable both rides but my heavier non-orange bike limits my pace somewhat (I'm the guy on the dirt biased plated KLX if anyone noticed). If its too intense I'll pole around for a more lukewarm group, don't wanna be a drag lol.

bohomoto

Hi zedro,

The boogie monster loop consists of the most technically difficult trails in the area. The Wonderland, Transec and Garnsey are particularly challenging (nasty).

I would encourage you to try these trails individually but not all on the same day (in both directions). That would be a recipe for disaster.

bohomoto

Kevin - that is great news!

At least two other people have confirmed (via email) and two more are probable.

Our group consists of at least four, but maybe even six, which is amazing!