Ride in Québec

SRioux

Anybody interested in riding on the other side of the river?

I'm thinking about going in an upcoming weekend. There are lots of interesting forestry and back roads to ride between Gatineau and Maniwaki!

Let me know if you are interested.

scott1

Hi Steve, hope your doing well.

I'm still waiting on a green light for this weekend to go riding.

Question for you,,,,what type of trails do you offer? are they single track, double or roadways? how long would you say the trip would be from start to finish?

Thanks.
Scott.

SRioux

I'm off into the Adirondacks this weekend, but next weekend...

I met a guy on KLR forums so we will go on the 20 or 21 of june next week.

You are most welcome, I know mostly gravel roads and some forestry roads. Nothing any harder then we did last time together. I will see what the guy has to offer and update from there.

I hope we can ride again soon!

misterkridered

Steve,

I am a long time Niagara Timberline Rider (20+ years) with lots of trail and dual sport experience. I have 2 XR600R's. My 2000 has a 20 liter tank and GPS and full knobbies. I'm going to be in Luskville, Quebec with the bikes from July 26 to August 8 at the in-laws place on the Ottawa River. I'm looking for advice on where to ride on the Quebec side, or possibly hooking up with someone for a ride. I have laid out a route from Luskville to Maniwaki and back of about 300 km on backroads using mapsource, but having never been up there, I'm not sure how it will work out.

Kevin

SRioux

Hey Kevin,

I'm very much interested in doing a ride from Aylmer/Luskville to Maniwaki!

The interesting part is between Otter Lake and Maniwaki. I've done this 10 years ago, but the forest roads are not maintained as much as they used to.

I tried finding my way this spring, but I got lost in the many forks and finally came up on a washed out bridge.

This would be a very nice adventure ride! :mrgreen:

Do you have a route layout? (Something that can be opened with Google Earth would nice: .gpx or .klm)

SRioux

misterkridered":ts4zz3kb said:
Steve,

How do I attach a gpx file to my message?

K

Looks like it's not possible! Didn't work for me. I'm sending you an email, it'll be easier that way.

I read your ADV thread about your northern Ontario ride, looked great! How long did you take for the whole trip?

misterkridered

SRioux said:
I read your ADV thread about your northern Ontario ride, looked great! How long did you take for the whole trip?

The trip was great. 5 days of riding at 300 km per day for just over 1500 km, almost no pavement.