Power-line trails from Calabogie to Denbigh

SRioux

As anybody ridden from Calabogie to Denbigh on back roads and power-line trails?

It looks "possible" from Google Maps!? The goal is to not use pavement south of the 508.

msnider

there are several possible routes once you get to quackenbush lake at the west end of the mountain chute hydro line trail.unfortunately i won`t be riding till next year as i just got a shiny new hip.good luck exploring.

SRioux

Is it possible to go through Barrett Chute, looks like a dam?

Do you have any tracks of the route by any chance?

Thanks Mike, and a speedy recovery to riding shape!

msnider

i usually take off from mountian chute and head west.from barrets chute you are in the heart of the trail network and could end up anywhere some places being less klr friendly than others.still its a great place to explore if you have someone to help out if get stuck.also 50ft of rope a folding saw and a pulley can make life much easier if you do get bogged down.i don`t normally use my gps much unless i get lost,and sometimes i just go out and try to get lost. keeps things interesting you know.

scott1

Hi,

is there a trail that connects barrets chute and the K&P to go around Calabogie Lake?

Thanks
Scott

SRioux

I guess it's possible to use Tatty Hill Rd and Church Farm Rd?

Then there's the dam, can it be crossed?

scott1

Thanks Steve,

Those are the roads but I'm looking for trails. I have a friend with a green plate who was asking about a connecting trail around the lake.

msnider

back in the old days they used to ride across the dam but no more.you could always ride from baretts chute down 77 to the mountian chute express and then back to calabogie along the 508 trails. the mountain chute express runs along the west side of norcan lake.

scott1

Thanks,

a few weekends a go I ran into some 4x4 ATV riders who were going around the lake, I should have asked more questions about where and how they planned on doing that on 4x4 (green plate).

Thanks guys,

Scott.