Mumford's Burned Out

Cellar Rat

:(

"A fire has destroyed Mumford's Restaurant on Calabogie Road in Calabogie. Fire crews were called out to the scene around one o'clock yesterday morning. The gas station portion outside of the restaurant did not sustain any damage however the restaurant is completely gutted. The cause of fire has not been determined yet." [Feb 26]

Geez! Let's hope they get the place going again soon.

EmmBeeDee

Cellar Rat":3i2s6koo said:

No kidding - that really is too bad, but maybe they'll do the Phoenix thing...

It's an institution, and has to come back.

Especially since riding season starts this weekend!

Mike Downey

EmmBeeDee

Cellar Rat":fv5j4p5o said:
:(

"A fire has destroyed Mumford's Restaurant on Calabogie Road in Calabogie. Fire crews were called out to the scene around one o'clock yesterday morning. The gas station portion outside of the restaurant did not sustain any damage however the restaurant is completely gutted. The cause of fire has not been determined yet." [Feb 26]

They will rebuild - Stephanie and I went out for a nice long ride (440 kilometers on March 17 is awesome!) and on the way back we stopped in at Munford's to see if anything was happening and sure enough, the whole family was there working on tearing the old place apart. I spoke to the son and he said that the fire was electrical but they will rebuild and expand a little as well at the same time. They hope to be back in business by June or July, with the restaurant and tackle shop coming back.

In the meantime they will continue to sell fuel during the renovations, as soon as they can hook up their trailer to a power source.

Mike Downey aka Emmbeedee