Larose on a big DS

LordRJD

Anyone have experience on a big DS in Larose forest? I was thinking of taking my F800GS in there this weekend.

Terry

Staff member
I'm sure it can be done but It may not be fun. I took my DR650 (a few hundred pounds less) in last year. it was a fresh trail so it was tough.

dschultz

Administrator
Sounds like you could bulldoze down some of the rough humps for us to smooth the new trail out :!: :wink:

LordRJD

I checked it out yesterday. The "roads" were fun, but the actual OFTR trail was basically a swamp. I was almost carried off by black flies as I took this pic!

Attachments

• water.jpg
    water.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 7,099

dschultz

Administrator
Just to be clear, that's not the trail. You missed it. Go back it's on the right. Or from the road the trail is on the left about 100ft in from the road.

I saw two people today do the same thing. Take off into the forest on the logging road. Larose trails use no roads. It is pure single track.
Just remember this is virgin trail so it will present some challenges until it gets used and broken in. The two year old section is shaping up quite nice.
Dale

LordRJD

Yeah, that was a post from back in may. The answer to the original question would be no... larose trail would not be fun on a larger DS. It's way too tight and too rough.