June 6 Spring DS Ride for Dad

Terry

Staff member
Just a quick reminder that our BMA spring Dual Sport ride is Sat., June 6 leaving Almonte Esso gas station at 10 a.m. This year we are raising money for the Ride-for-Dad charity group. Registration and GPS files at 9:30 in gas station parking lot. Please download and fill out your registration and pledge forms available from our website: http://bma1.ca/bma-spring-ds-ride-for-dad.php Also at the bottom of this page is a preregistration form that will allow us to send you the GPS tracks by email. (Note: the GPS file contains just "tracks" and way-points, not "routes").

The ride itself is just under 200km of easy scenic tour on dirt, gravel or paved roads and a bit of rial-trail. There are also two semi-aggressive options available. This ride is offered as a "group ride" or you may strike out on your own and meet the rest of us at lunch. There will be sweep riders following the group to help should you encounter any problems.

You are encouraged to try to get as many pledges as possible but you don't have to. We are collecting a minimum amount of $40 per rider. Your donations entitle you to a choice of:

A) 1 pancake, 3 sausages and a choice of coffee, tea or orange juice,
or
B) 2 pancakes or 2 pieces of French toast and a choice of coffee, tea or orange juice,
or
C) 1 pancake, 1 sausage and a choice of coffee, tea or orange juice supplied by Wheelers Pancake House. These choices include tax and tip.
Alternatively, you can apply $11.25 towards anything on the menu.

See you there.

EmmBeeDee

Well that was fun. A nice relaxed pace, pancakes with Maple syrup for lunch, and perfect weather. Nice meeting the people I hadn't met before, and riding with you. Hope to do it again sometime.

I have hours of video to sift through, but these are some of the pictures I took with the helmet cam while recording video. They're not great, but they are better than nothing.

Picasa album: BMA 2015 DS Spring Ride https://picasaweb.google.com/108897516921155458758/BMASpringRide2015RFD?authkey=Gv1sRgCI2oxuTH3-ubRA