Hunting dates

A

Anonymous

The phone calls have started so I guess it's time for the annual deer hunting update. Please read this carefully as there are some changes from previous years. For ALL WMU's around Calabogie and also Larose the gun season is Nov. 6 to Nov. 19 INCLUDING THE TWO SUNDAYS. Limerick season is Nov. 6 to Nov. 12 (I am going to get clarification on this one). Limerick, Larose and SOME WMU's in the Calabogie area also have a muzzle loader season from Dec. 4 to Dec. 10. As usual archery season generally runs from Oct. 15 to the end of the year. BTW the regulations are hard to decipher so feel free to phone MNR if you think I'm incorrect. And let me know.
Remember that it is BMA policy to avoid riding in the bush during the one or two weeks of gun season. Wish me luck; my freezer is looking somewhat empty.

A

Anonymous

Oops! Just found out that Limerick gun season is two weeks but I still don't know if that includes Sundays. Stay tuned.

A

Anonymous

Is it OK to ride in Limerick this w/e? Would like another good run in there before the season ends. But do want to tick off any hunters...

Steve

A

Anonymous

Yes, you probably will piss off all the hunters who are scouting and setting up stands. But better now then when the season opens on Monday....your call.

A

Anonymous

Finally got an answer from MNR. Limerick gun season runs from Nov. 6 to Nov. 19 INCLUDING THE TWO SUNDAYS. I can hear the groans already.....but I'm only the messenger.