DUAL SPORT COMMITTEE

davemack

Tomorrow at AGM I will propose that the BMA should form a dual sport committee. The motion should pass with much issues. There seems to be consensus.

I will be looking for volunteers to join this committee. Please send me a P.M if you are brave enough to join. :lol:

cheers
dave mackenzie

shipwrek12001

Tomorrow at AGM I will propose that the BMA should form a dual sport committee. The motion should pass without much issues. There seems to be consensus

Good to meet you all at the meeting ... first time there...!

:shock: oh-oh question from shipwrek again! :shock:

I have a question regarding bringing on the dual sport group, was it my impression that this group is not 100% welcome on board to the BMA or am I wrong on this? I believe I saw more than 70% voting hands agreeing to accept this group (thank you) but I am questioning the 30% or so. Is there an concern about this, what is the concern? This is not to get feathers ruffled it is just a question....

:?:

Terry

Staff member
That's a good question. I hope some of the %30 answer it for us but I doubt they read this section of the forum. It may be fear of change or the unknown. Perhaps its concern over spreading what little volunteers we have over more activities. Perhaps the trail riders don't like pushing big bikes out of mud holes.

At an earlier meeting it was suggested that the D-S riders may be reluctant to fork over the BMA membership fee (this may be true) and a reaction to the thought that they may get a better deal was negative as to be expected. We are kind of on probation (executive member required on D-S committee) so we need to be sure to not do anything to take away from the BMAs existing activities or reputation.

past BMA Dual Sport Director

shipwrek12001

We are kind of on probation (executive member required on D-S committee) so we need to be sure to not do anything to take away from the BMAs existing activities or reputation.

Really, I don't understand the pollitical concerns of the club hense the questions for opinions. I ask questions like these to understand better, to help others like myself to understand better and club members to get talking on the website. If I don't know what the concerns of the club are how is one not to step on toes and blow the probation