Dirt Bike Insurance - fact or fiction?

A

Anonymous

Is it just me or is insurance for dirt bikes very hard to find? Primmum is willing to insure our dirt bikes, but not my son's 65 cc as he is 9. If we add him to our policy, we need to write them a letter stating he will not be allowed to ride is 65cc or the two 250's (nuts that we have to add those I know, especially as one is a dual-purpose bike). So, what is the point of insuring him if he is not allowed to ride his 65 cc dirt bike?

Anyone know of an insurance company willing to insure dirt bikes and a child under 12?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

You're creating an insurance agent's nightmare! :shock:
Don't license and insure the machine under the child's name. Who bought the bike and who is ultimately responsible for it here?
Register it yourself and allow the child to operate it ...supervised as required.

A

Anonymous

remember you are insuring the motorcycle not the individual!!!! when addressing this issue you should give as little info so as not to ring the alarm bells!!!! eg: "i would like to get insurance on my four offroad motor cyles" not " i would like to get my sons bike insured"

if you are still having trouble try wiesner insurance thay should be able to help you out.

105 rider

You should try State Farm. I went to the one in Kanata, Barb Muskers, and I got insurance for 3 bikes at $70/bike. She know that the bikes were not all mine, but they were all registered under my name. I did have to move my car over to them,and it was a little more, but is sure beats me paying $210 for mine and $1200/kid. Needless to say the kids did not have insurance until I went to State Farm.
Give them a try. It could be worth your while.

1BADSS

105 rider":2yc8scm5 said:
You should try State Farm. I went to the one in Kanata, Barb Muskers, and I got insurance for 3 bikes at $70/bike. She know that the bikes were not all mine, but they were all registered under my name. I did have to move my car over to them,and it was a little more, but is sure beats me paying $210 for mine and $1200/kid. Needless to say the kids did not have insurance until I went to State Farm.
Give them a try. It could be worth your while.

I'm gonna try State Farm. I'm paying $700.00 for both bikes. $70.00 each would be peach.lol

105 rider

I must let you know that my bikes are an 85 and two 105. Bigger bikes may be more, but I'm sure that they will still be cheaper.

A

Anonymous

Thanks everyone. Was dealing (for five days!) with State Farm - McCafferty Office. They kept giving me the run around, so after four days and still no answer as to whether or not they would insure us, I called another State Farm office - excellent service! I am changing our two vehicles and paying more to insure our bikes, but if it will get us out there, so be it.