BMA / Rally Connex Dual Sport ride in Calabogie

Terry

Staff member
I would like to announce an opportunity for BMA members to ride the Calabogie Boogie Dual Sport routes on Oct 25 and 26. I've put together a joint venture with Kevin Burnett of Rally Connex and Rob Harris and staff at CMG magazine. We are holding an invitational only GPS ride this year but have decided to open it up to any BMA member able to beg borrow or steal a Dual-Sport bike. GPS receivers will be available to rent from Rally Connex.

This ride follows the exact route that Dave and I put together for the 2008 Boogie. We will base operation at the Calabogie Highlands Golf Resort (1 877 224 4653) and tour through some of the best dual track and twisty dirt and paved roads of the region. We ride a full day on Saturday with a lunch stop at the Palmerston Motel & Restaurant in Ompah, and top it off with about a 4 hour ride on Sunday morning.

The ride will not be split into the usual "aggressive" and "stock tire" routes this year. I'd rate it somewhere in-between these two difficulty ratings as used on typical Rally Connex GPS rides. (An aggressive D-S ride is no harder than a novice trail ride)

Cost is just $40. Stay tuned to this space for more details or contact Rally Connex at rallyconnex@gmail.com

tj

Excellent stuff, Terry.

As you know, I would love to join you, but an encounter with a deer has left both me and my ride in not-good-condition for some time to come.

To the rest of the club, please consider joining this event.

Terry

Staff member
Did you get the number of that Deer? I think there are some BMA members that will finish the job for you.
Get well soon,

Terry

Staff member
There must be more BMA members out there that can get their hands on a dual-sport bike for the weekend, (anything with a blue plate will do). Just dress up in ice racing gear and come join us for this Saturday's ride. A GPS is not required unless you want to go solo. Use up your tires on the road sections, you'll want fresh tires in the spring anyway. Send me an email or PM and I'll answer any questions.
Cheers,

ppe172

I'm considering it. I was there for the Boogie DS ride (DR750) and enjoyed it (at least after I got my electrical problems sorted out), but I'm keeping an eye on the weather forecast. I don't have any "ice racing gear" and riding all day in the rain in September was tolerable but if it is 5C and raining I might find it a little chilly. What time are you planning on setting out? Starting from the same place as last time?

Ed

Terry

Staff member
Hi Ed,
Yes it's the same start location as the Boogie. We plan to get underway around 9. Do plan to show up in case the forecast is wrong. It should get up to 10-12 deg. but in the wet that is still cold.