winter riding

rackatttack

yep some of us do that actually just got back from calabogie What you say isn't it slippery not not at all with studded tires I use grip studs http://www.gripstuds.com/ easy to install and remove and last a really long time going to be taking orders for the studs and insertion tools if anyone interested or order your own

Thanatos

hi

I was wondering how many studs are needed per tire. I plan on setting up a new set of rubber for this winter. And do you run heated grips? Are they needed?

Thanks

Jessie

It would make for a pleasant advanture on sunny and warmer winter days. I am really considering getting an extra set of tire ready for ice or snow riding for this coming winter. I would have to see what is the best pattern layout to use that can do both ice or snow/ice.
As my hands freeze easily, I would probably buy battery heated gloves!

I am def in for winter riding and ive got my neighbor just about convinced too.IM considering buying some snoew specific tires.How are the trails in winter time,are they visible?How is winter riding in general?

zedro

They are pretty much custom to that shop (although some tires seem to be pre drilled Mitas studdable tires). You probably won't find much on the net about them.

hey Rack attack,can you post some pics of your winter riding setup?specially the shroud around the carb you spoke of.thanks