Who's here now?

Terry

Staff member
So, the invitations to join this Rides Board went out and an invitation to the first ride was posted and discussed, (fun ride BTW for those that missed it). I was just wondering if I could get a show of hands to see who has now watching this sub-forum? It will only work if we get enough riders involved. Please just hit reply and tell me you're in.

Terry

Staff member
In what Pam. You replied to a 6 year old thread that was just hacked by someone in Russia

rzsz

We'll if this thread was looking for a show of hands, I'm in too! Russian hackers be damned!

Actually I've been wondering, has the DS ride board moved someplace else? Seems quiet here.

Terry

Staff member
It is quiet in here isn't it rzsz. I should explain my comment to Pam62, now that our Russian hacker's post has been removed it looks out of place. There is of course nothing wrong with saying "I'm in" and I encourage anyone reading this thread to also say hi and post ride invitations. The hacker seems to target old dead threads and bring them back to life by replying random gibberish to them. He has sent 4 to the various BMA forums that I know of. The use of the BMA Forums in general is way down and that's not a good thing in my opinion since it's been a great tool to use for getting riders together. I blame Facebook and all the other many other "one-best-place" tools that have scattered our attentions. Although I subscribe and read all the posts here I'm also guilty of not using this forum to invite riders when I go out for a ride these days. So much for leading by example :oops:
Cheers,

Terry

Staff member
Hi All,
We have a shinny new forum with all our old posts still available.:) However It seems the concept of "subscriptions" to specific forums may have been lost. It may be that it is a feature that can be turned on or perhaps there is a workaround. I'll look into it further and let you know.

rossw

Administrator
Staff member
On the mobile site there is a Watch option at the top which allows for email notifications.

Terry

Staff member
Thanks Ross, I missed that one. So I see I have a bunch of watched topics that ported over from the old forum's subscriptions, now I just need to find why I didn't get an email notice telling me of your reply.