Update: Fender bag suggestions?

FJ11

Hi All,

I'm looking for a fender bag for my 300 XCW to carry my tools in. I'm not sure if a front or rear bag is better.
What are people using or recommend, and where did you get it from?

Has anyone tried the KTM universal offroad rear fender bag?

Thanks, Mark

tallies55

I have bought the bag (KTM Universal) but haven't installed it yet, I will let you know how it works out once installed.

FJ11

I'm strictly trail riding.

That would be great to hear your feedback on KTM unviersal bag.

Mark

stephlal

Braaaaap!
Staff member
I got this one: http://www.dirt-bike-gear.com/lfb.html

It's a bit of a love hate relationship. It holds all the tools we need on the trail, but it can also be in the way when riding technical stuff, if I want to slide back on the bike, the bag is in the way. Its not enough of a problem yet to get rid of it. I'm 6' and its on a 250, so no issues with kicking my leg over when getting on / off the bike.

The alternative is a similar size bag on the front handlebars, I'm not a fan of that given the extra weight you'd constantly be turning. You also have the good old fanny pack, back style, which I personally don't like, extra weight on me is a non starter.

I've had several outings in boogie so far this year with it, no regrets, it works great and I don't think I'll change setup.

I got it directly from the maker on the site I linked, but you can also order it from gnarley parts if your not a US shopper.

pat74

You need something that attach very strongly to the fender, ideally you drill holes to attach it. A rear fender bag could slip off on a fall and you might not notice and lose it.
A front fender is safer It won't slip off as easily.
I would look at something that attached to the bike have no chance to come off

tallies55

Installed the bag yesterday and rode with it today. Had it completely submerged and it stayed attached and contents dry. Well worth the money spent.

tallies55

And my pride! The bag worked well on rough terrein and holds a surprisingly large amount of gear. Made a big difference not having all my tools, rope, first aid and water on my back. At first I had anxiety it was still there and kept looking around but eventually forgot about it and it worked well.

FJ11

Hi All,

Back in June I asked about fender bag suggestions.

I ended up getting the KTM universal offroad rear fender bag. It is a great bag and suits my needs perfectly.
It attaches very securely to the rear fender, doesn’t move once cinched down and can be easily removed to get access to the tools inside.
I’m amazed at the amount of stuff you can put in it; lots of tools, tie straps, jetting bits, jb weld, tow rope, etc and it is totally water proof.
I don’t even know that it is there while riding.

I’ve included a couple of pics of it on the bike.
I just wanted to pass on my feedback after asking for your suggestions.

Thanks, Mark

View attachment tail bag 2.jpgView attachment tail bag 3.jpgView attachment tail bag 4.jpg