Tube Saddle

bohomoto

Anyone try using Tube Saddle before? https://tubesaddle.com/

Looks like it offers the same benefits as Tubliss for half the price.

Here's a review on Enduro 360: http://www.enduro360.com/2014/12/12/pro ... be-saddle/

And below is someone posting about them on Thumpertalk:

It is interesting to hear all the "experts" on this thread who have never tried the product. Lets correct the record

1. It is not a hastle installing Tube Saddle. It is no more a hastle than installing an inner tube. In fact you can't pinch your inner tube on installation or un-installation with Tube Saddle.

2. You can install it with any tire, even ones that have been riden and the bead has been tweeked. Try that with the TuBliss system

3. It weighs 1.8 to 2.3 ounces lighter in the front tire with a standard duty tube than the TuBliss system. It weighs about 4.8 ounces more on the rear tire than the TuBliss system. Weight wise it is in the ballpark.

4. If you do get a flat on the trail, you can fix it on the trail, not in your garage.

5. You can run it with a Trials Tire, or any tire for that matter.

6. Chilly White merely speculates on how long it will last (he doesn't know). I know guys (including myself) going more than 1300 miles on a set, and they were prototypes.

7. Run Tube Saddle with a Enduro Cross FIM soft tire at 8 psi in Mexico for three days? Well yea you can probably get a pinch flat. But who would run such a setup, realistically.

7. "A glorified rim strip"?. I will take that as a compliment since you do not understand how it works or have even tried it.

8. I have run this setup (proof of concept to production product) for 7 years without a flat.

Unless someone tell me they've tried them and they are a waste of cash, I think I'm going to give'em a go.

JPultz

I've been thinking and researching these sense you posted this and here's what I think.

-Tube Saddle $49.95 US (approximately $75 CAD) plus shipping
-Tubliss $134.95 CAD free shipping

-Tube Saddle 8-13 psi
-Tubliss 0-10 psi

The ultimate goal is to run the lowest psi without getting a flat.
So the question I keep asking myself is " Is the Tube Saddle worth the $150+ to only get down as low as 8 psi ? ". I currently run 13-14 psi with heavy tubes and I don't know if the difference of 4-5 psi is really worth the money. I also question if 8 psi if enough pressure to keep the tire form slipping on the rim. A 2nd rim lock may be required IMO. This is going to add another $25-$30 to the price of the Tube Saddle.

So in my eyes I think the extra $$ for the Tubliss is worth it in the long run. You're going to get your tire locked to the rim and have the option to run as low as 0 psi with little, if any issues. I really think the Tube Saddle is a good idea but is over priced for what your getting. $49.95 for a pair would be more reasonable to me.
Just my opinion though. Jon

pat74

I agree with Jon, being able to run 0 PSI is what makes the big difference.
But I'm not sure many Pro racer run Tubliss, I know they use mouse a lot...

Jon where to you order to get them at 139$ free shipping?

TX

zedro

Yeah it's understandable why it was referred as a glorified tube setup.

Some time in the fall I put a hole in my rear tire. Tubliss rewarded me with amazing uphill traction. Not so amazing cornering but even that was not so noticeable.

zedro

pat74":22aybx1z said:
I agree with Jon, being able to run 0 PSI is what makes the big difference.
But I'm not sure many Pro racer run Tubliss, I know they use mouse a lot...

Jon where to you order to get them at 139$ free shipping?

TX
If I was a serious racer I wouldn't run them either, I would want something bulletproof.

Gnarly Parts and Royal Distributing carry them. Or I'm sure any sponsor store can.

bohomoto

pat74":2nf4hsek said:
I'm not sure many Pro racer run Tubliss, I know they use mouse a lot...

Pros also tend to have tire sponsors that sell mousses.

Mousse and Tire Balls protect against punctures as well as pinch flats, whereas Tubliss protects only against pinch flats. Puncture flats are not a huge deal for us because we don't have cactus plants. Pinch flats are a big deal for us because we are all trying to run as low tire pressure as possible to get traction in the slow and technical stuff. Low tire pressure = better traction but more pinch flats.

Here's a picture of me trying to ride the most difficult trail in Calabogie with 15psi: http://bit.ly/1PhDwH6

zedro

Tubliss does have puncture resistance in the sense that small ones are self sealing, and larger ones can be plugged or prevented with a latex based sealant (not Slime). As long as the bladder maintains its seal you'll be good, but that isn't 100% either.

Anyone riding Calabogie with more than 10psi is really missing out. I probably couldn't clear the same sections otherwise (and yes, still working on some still...)

skidoorules

Oh Jesus Blake. Don't anybody else fall for his link. I'm scarred for life. I've ran 8lbs on heavy duty tubes before. 10 is pretty much fail proof once you learn how to watch how you are riding. I'm a bit more reckless(I Go over everything rather than pick my way around it) so 8 is little risky for me. Another Rider I know rides on 8lbs all around all the time even on the most technical terrain. Rarely ever ends up with a flat.

The tire doesn't spin on the rim. There is no need for the second rim lock but personally I find 8lbs on the front the tire will roll over when aggressively cornering.

Also I believe Royal is selling them for $125 each delivered unless they jacked thier price to to the slumping dollar.

Jessie

I have ordered a set of tubesaddle.
Since I already had my rim locks installed on my tires (2016 Beta X Trainer), I cannot go "Tubliss" before I buy new tires. This will allow me to run 6 pnds on the rear.
I spoke to James Curry/tubesaddle today and he said I could try 6 pnds rear tire and 8 pnds front tire for technical and slower riding. For fast riding, he recommended 2 more pounds and for ultra fast riding 2 rim locks with low pressure of 6pnds.
His own rim lock will be on the market within +/-6 months and it will allow that 6 to 7 pnds/rear, even for faster and heavier riders.
If anyone is interested, we could order together and save on shipping.
So I will try "Tube Saddle" and let you know next spring if I like it.

pat74

I installed Tubliss with old tire with no issue, I did put some slim.
The old tire were half done, and where from a regular wheel that didn't have tubliss.

Jessie

pat74":3ct1bdyw said:
The old tire were half done, and where from a regular wheel that didn't have tubliss.

Thanks for the info Pat

zedro

pat74":3kkhtqtd said:
Yeah it seems most that have problems is due to the bead lock denting the tire wall, so there's a good reason not to over torque them, unless it's just from specific bead lock designs.