Trailer hitch carrier - FOUND PLEASE DELETE

tjcool

on another note, I saw some chaps with trailer hitch carriers..where did you get them/it?..i suspect they're good since you have them..please advise on brand,model,location where i can get one...i see pa has one but i read a rather scary :shock: review about it...

thanks everyone

tj

tjcool

I have a class II on my jeep....with a 2" square opening....look like 300lbs tongue weight is max...less the carrier itself..might be marginal for lets say a beta 250rr or a 2015 250xc?

Marilius

i would be really close. both bikes are about 226lbs, mount is 52lbs. 226+52= 278. if it was me i wouldn't do it... to close for my liking, but it is up to you. it is under the max tongue weight, hard call.

Marilius

Good call Aube... just looked at the spec's again and yes it's dry. so we'll have to add the weight for fuel, oils, and coolant. also you are going to be adding weight to the bike as soon as you get it by adding a skid plate and brush guards which are a must have for calabogie, well i think they are a must have.

i'll let you do the math on the fluids but here's something to help ya out. A gallon of water is 4 quarts, or 8 pints, weighs ~8 pounds.

barbotte

i have the princess auto one ..does the job .. bike is 250 lbs dry .. but what i did with mine is when i am done attaching the bike to the rack ..i run another strap from the handle bar to the roof rack and tight it snug (but not too tight ) so it remove the swing the bike might get when you hit a bump so not as much pressure on the tong ... been using it for 2 year and no problem so far
cheer
Henri

tjcool

barbotte":19c1pqc5 said:
i have the princess auto one ..does the job .. bike is 250 lbs dry .. but what i did with mine is when i am done attaching the bike to the rack ..i run another strap from the handle bar to the roof rack and tight it snug (but not too tight ) so it remove the swing the bike might get when you hit a bump so not as much pressure on the tong ... been using it for 2 year and no problem so far
cheer
Henri

funny I was thinking about doing something similar....great minds think alike!... :mrgreen:

Gord

tjcool":1azmimsm said:
on another note, I saw some chaps with trailer hitch carriers..where did you get them/it?..i suspect they're good since you have them..please advise on brand,model,location where i can get one...i see pa has one but i read a rather scary :shock: review about it...

thanks everyone

tj

Another member has one for sale in the classifieds: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2869

Described as "not the cheap PA version that cracks after a while"

tjcool

contacted the chap above..thanks..nice aluminum one...going to buy it...we made a deal..just have to find time to go to gatineau....i never go east anymore since i seconded my job to west end of ottawa