Time to frost the cake

Gord

Mmmm, dessert topping.

dessert topping.jpg
No, but a bit of anti-seize stirred in with waterproof grease keeps my linkage happy

Gord

oldschoolktm":1vrxeo09 said:
Do you think that concoction will help my wheel bearing problems? Seems like a great idea!
Chris

No idea about wheel bearings, I have just used it on steering head, swingarm, linkage. Can't remember where I learned it, but have been doing it since last century. I am not precise with ratio, but about 20% anti-seize.

Dutch

oldschoolktm":3pdr1lun said:
Hey Gord!
Do you think that concoction will help my wheel bearing problems? Seems like a great idea!

Chris

Put that in your engine with the used ct oil and maybe you can kickstart your own bike and stop blocking the track.

zedro

geastman":7q14y3lg said:
oldschoolktm":7q14y3lg said:
Chris

No idea about wheel bearings, I have just used it on steering head, swingarm, linkage. Can't remember where I learned it, but have been doing it since last century. I am not precise with ratio, but about 20% anti-seize.
I wouldn't use the anti seize for wheel bearings, it might wear them prematurely (not sure how good it is for the seals either). Waterproof/marine grease should be the ticket. I've just installed the SKF rear bearing seal and spacer kit, will see if it's worth the moolah.

Probably the best thing for wheel bearings is to always clean out the seals every ride...like that'll happen :roll:

I was telling the story about how bad my bearing choice was to a riding buddy at the shop when I remembered that I had forgotten to put in my axle spacer during the install. So, I banged one side out which probably damaged the "All Testosterone" brand of bearings!;) Which would explain the 4 hour ride time front bearing failure.

Yes I am sometimes absent minded. Have another brand for install in the freezer and torches ready!
C

I usually pull the plastic bearing cover off when my wheels are off to add fresh grease and remove the snarb! Par for the course.

manotickmike

Good idea, Gord, and it looks delicious!
I won't say I'm anxious to try it, but I'm going to try Wurth SIG 3000 this time when I go through the bikes.
I've always used marine grease as I keep it around for all the rose joints and super hard urethane bushings on the race car.

https://shop.wurth.ca/lubricants-grease ... 90.401000/
It even mentions bikes and sleds in the product info.
The blurb in Traction E-rag got me interested, https://tractionerag.com/issue44/ almost at the back of the issue....
and I have a connection to a distributor.

mart242

DId you buy that bel ray grease locally? trying to find some but so far it looks like it will have to be ordered online..

Gord

mart242":h7xclk7n said:
DId you buy that bel ray grease locally? trying to find some but so far it looks like it will have to be ordered online..

It has been a few years. I likely got it from Lang's Off-Road with a Husqvarna parts order.