The Great 2022 Calabogie Cleanup

smokin

Good for Sunday, if that is convenient for you and others.
There is a group heading out Sunday. We will split into 3-4 man crews with a chainsaw. Bring a folding handsaw or (what I like) a lopper to trim face slappers.

We will be leaving from HGC staging area at 9:30 Sunday, so you need to be there around 9:00.

smokin

Cleared:

- Sleepy Hollow
- Fanny Hill

Worked on Mair Lake. But it is a mess! From Fanny Hill split got almost to the camp site along the trail, but there were 3 more 20inch plus trees to cut. So we turned around and had to do some cutting to get out to Arcol Road. I'm betting there might be a day more work on Mair Lake.

stephlal

Braaaaap!
Staff member
Out yesterday. The plan was to re-ride and clear trails that we'd already cleared and start working on Perch Lake, we never made it to Perch Lake and couldn't finish re-clearing claim jumper, it's still blocked.

smokin

Mair Lake cleared today! Basicly 2 full days to clear.

Went into River Run from Mtn Chute Express, it's a mess as well, got almost to the creek (1km?)

weekender

Worked with AJ and Faron today... BFH and SOT are clear. We then started on the south side of Deliverance, but ran out of water before we could complete the whole thing. That said, the north entrance already had work done, so it is likely pretty close to being complete.

riddletw

Worked with AJ and Faron today... BFH and SOT are clear. We then started on the south side of Deliverance, but ran out of water before we could complete the whole thing. That said, the north entrance already had work done, so it is likely pretty close to being complete.
Awesome! There’s some serious trees down on the south end of Deliverance. I was able to come in from the north entrance and clear ~3/4 of the trac then ran out of time & energy. There’s one tree mid-way too big for my saw.

smokin

There are groups going out to clear on Saturday and Sunday (23rd and 24th).

On Saturday I think I will be staging from Flower Station.

OK. Saturday 23rd is on. Flower Station parking. 9:00AM arrival, 9:30 riding out to clear.

Last edited:

smokin

AJ, Doug C. and I finished clearing the Perch Lake Loop! We also verified that Claim Jumper 2 and Stoney Lonesome is open.

smokin

July 27, Did some riding and checked out

- Quinns backdoor - cleared
- DOT - cleared
- Larry Roeseler - bad shape from 77 end (did not check quarry end)
- Egg Clutch (I call this Clutch Cover) - from arcol road - worst damage I have seen yet! Some clearing has been done by the people with the cottage on the lake to the north of the trail (that's where the clearing stops)!

59chip

Can anybody provide a status on what fraction of the trails are open, i.e. 10% or 90% or ? %
We are planning a trip for end of August, just want to know if we should cancel.

rossw

Administrator
Staff member
Can anybody provide a status on what fraction of the trails are open, i.e. 10% or 90% or ? %
We are planning a trip for end of August, just want to know if we should cancel.
Come anyways and help clear ;-)

smokin

Come anyways and help clear ;-)
The North Side is cleared. I guess 60-80% of South side is clear. There are good loops open on the south and this thread is kept pretty up to date. So, yes, come, but bring a handsaw in case you have to absolutely get around something newly down.