Sun Aug 20, Boogie 'Deep South' cleanup

zedro

Going to need a couple of guys for cleanup for Quinn's/Espresso, Land Before Time and Levant mountain. These are Boogie L3-L4+ white trail options. Bring shears, saws or machetes. I have no idea on the conditions for the rarely used Levant area, which will require a small amount of tarmac travel (so green plates at your own risk, although risk is low). Will be parking at Levant Station. Details to follow.

zedro

Ok but I need specific people to come with me on the specified trails....I won't be starting from HGC but rather Levant Station.

jlalonde

Eric Brackenbury Are you guy's doing intermediate trails?
I would like to help unfortunately I 'm not at the same level as the guys going to levant

zedro

Awesome, yeah I'm looking forward to it too, haven't ridden there in two years, since the Boogie back then with Pierre.

longzook

Not sure i can do the deep south as the wife usually hangs out at the HGC with the camper while i'm out riding.. are there any plans to leave from there ? Ron

rackatttack

Well all you have to do is ride from the GC straight down the K&P to Lavant should take you about 25-30 minutes or so I will most likely do the same as I have to see a man about a horse at the GC

Ron, FYI it's 29 km's to Lavant from HGC by the K&P. And it'll also be the first time you see asphalt after leaving HGC.

I'll bring extra gas and water that you guys can use.

smokin

I have not ridden levant this year. Might be some mud to route around! But ATV are through most of it these years.
Have we talked with the owner of Land Time Forgot?

I will be there tomorrow.Expecting to ride Up-The-Creek, Black Bear, etc and try to route around muddy places...

HGC 8:30 for breakfast.

zedro":19yrlp6p said:
Ok but I need specific people to come with me on the specified trails....I won't be starting from HGC but rather Levant Station.

Chris and I will be leaving from HGC, he knows the trails we are doing.
Sorry about the late response :-(

DanNeault

Julie and I ran Boogie route Saturday, from lunch to 1-2 waypoint and back.

Only 2 issues:
1.Big tree on hidden lake route, made path, but wouldn't send 200+ riders down it
2. River crossing... stopped when water reached the airbox, hard to say what it will be that weekend.

Otherwise, nice easy trail :)

Hope to head back out weekend after this.
Dan

zedro

Hidden Lake got cleared on Sunday, guess we'll have to evaluate River run on Friday before the Boogie.
Thanks.