Spring Ride for Dad

Norco806

Hello,

Anybody attending this event and leaving from Gatineau?or at least centertown Ottawa?

I would love to join, but since I'm a new rider in Quebec, I need to be accompanied at all times...

Thank you,

Thomas

I believe what Thomas is implying is that he is riding his bike from Gatineau, and Quebec law requires him to be accompanied by another rider. So he needs a companion from Gatineau to Calabogie.

Thomas, I noticed that you posted this in for the dual sport and trail ride. Are you planning to attend both events or just one? What bike are you riding?

Sorry, I don't live near downtown Ottawa. So I can't help you.

Norco806

Thank you for the answer Kevin. You are correct about the my situation. I "ride" (1 time only) a Suzuki DRZ 400 s 2014. I would love to attend any event I can get a chaperone.

If anybody is available, please let me know so that I can register for the event.

Thank you,

Thomas

There are two club ride for Dad rides. Trail and dual sport. The trail ride will have like road with double and single track. I don't know what is planned for the dual sport ride. Please note the trail trail is on the 2nd and dual on the 8th. I'll email Terry and Heather to see if they can speak about the dual sport ride for Dad.

conorknoxx

thanks for the response Kevin.
Is there a different forum thread for info on this? (thinking there might be, because of reference to "Terry and Heather")
Cheers,
Conor

Pam62

I participated in the dual sport ride this past Saturday on the 8th. It was my first group ride and I had a blast! The route was awesome, lots of variety, pavement, dirt roads, and trails! Very scenic! Unfortunately, due to my inexperience and a tricky blind corner, I had a little mishap and broke my clutch lever! I just wanted to say 'Thanks' to everyone that helped me out and waited for us to catch up to have lunch at Wheeler's!! That sure was a fun ride on the back of Kurt's bike! Also thanks to Sean's expert camouflaging (LOL! he's got a photo), my bike was well hidden from would be thieves, until we got back to fix it. After lunch Rob and Dominic drove me to Woody's to get a new lever, then back to my bike, and battling black flies and mosquitoes managed to get my bike up and running again!! And to top it all off we stopped at DQ for ice cream on the way home!! It was definitely a memorable experience for my first event with BMA!! Thanks Heather and Terry!! I didn't get a chance to take any pictures, so if anyone has pictures, I would love it if you could send a few to me by email at pamagar62@gmail.com.
PS. I would love to go on more rides, impromptu or otherwise, if anyone is looking for riding buddies!

Sean

Pictures coming your way Pam!!!
I'd just like you to know that without my camouflaging, you bike would probably have been stolen within ten minutes, so you probably owe me like $2,000 or something!