ReRouting Vent Tubes

rocklandrider

I'll be doing the cord next week and I heard it was a good idea to reroute the vent tubes and tee them togther. Does anyone have any tips and pics to help me out on this one. Not sure what vents to reroute up. I got a 2018 husky te250 with a mikuni tmx 38 carb.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

rackatttack

on your carb you should have two vent lines coming out of the carb parallel to the slide body take one of these (ALL THAT IS NEEDED) and run it up to the highest spot possible and your done what class are you entered in? if it was like last year and right now it is very dry the only issue you might have is if Blair (event organizer) is running all the classes through burnt river to the sedgewicks pit there is doesn't matter what you do to your bike (its all up to the enduro gods) good luck!! watch out if you have an early minute David knight is suppose to be there this year for gasgas .

rocklandrider

Hi Rackattack

I'm just doing C class for my first year and maybe do the full thing next year and thank you for the tip.

Jason

Gord

rackatttack":21o24x5m said:
on your carb you should have two vent lines coming out of the carb parallel to the slide body take one of these (ALL THAT IS NEEDED) and run it up to the highest spot possible and your done what class are you entered in? if it was like last year and right now it is very dry the only issue you might have is if Blair (event organizer) is running all the classes through burnt river to the sedgewicks pit there is doesn't matter what you do to your bike (its all up to the enduro gods) good luck!! watch out if you have an early minute David knight is suppose to be there this year for gasgas .

I am not going to argue with Dave that one is enough, but will note that I have been doing the more complicated T-fitting forever (since I saw mention of it in the late '80's) so both sides are vented up and down. For the newer Keihins that are (effectively) teed from the factory with 4 hoses, I again route one up/one down from each side.

Actually, I will argue a bit :).

I agree that one side is enough for water crossings, assuring there is always a source for air (from above) to enter carb. The original reason I saw for T's was actually to avoid bog on G-out or jump landing. The cause was that a column of gas might be in the hose at time of jump landing. The force of landing would slam the liquid out of the hose, momentarily creating vacuum in wrong part of carb (like sucking on a straw). The T prevents this, but needs to be done on both sides.

jbreedon

I'm doing the Cord next week too... you should just take all the vent lines off your carb. When you're done that let me know and I'll give you some great tire tips. :D

rocklandrider

jbreedon":3u38cjq1 said:
I'm doing the Cord next week too... you should just take all the vent lines off your carb. When you're done that let me know and I'll give you some great tire tips. :D
All done, that was way easier I must say. Lets hear the tire tips.

jbreedon

If you were in my class I was going to tell you to just take them off and set them next to your vent lines in the back of your truck, but you're not so you might want fresh tires for this race. Are you doing both days? The impound process makes it a lot of fun. If you're doing both days you will want to take 3 gas cans; 2 for the gas trucks and one to fill up either Saturday before the impound or Sunday during the work period. It's easier if you do it before the impound on Saturday.

Have fun