questions on trails

Yan

if anyone knows these trails -

- trail from Hungry Lake towards Norcan Lake

- trail from Govan Lake towards Barret Chute

could you please give an idea of their difficulty, or if they are beginner friendly.

Thank you!

P.S. I am aware that at least some of these trails require purchasing a road permit from North Frontenac Township

smokin

Are you interested in single track?

Hungry Lake - Norcan (going north) is not the start of any single track. Hungry lake is on the hydro access road I call old 77 (North Frontenac calls it Arcol Rd? or Govan Lake Rd?), just west of Hungry Lake is the split from old 77 to Mountain Chute express which is 2 track and takes you all the way up Norcan Lake to Mountain Chute dam.

Govan - Barret Chute is not the start of any single track. It is part of old-77 as well going east.

I would call old-77 and Mountain Chute Express "aggressive dual sport" trail for most part.

Old-77 has some "agressive dual sport" alternatives that parallel what I call the original 77.

I don't know if this helps?

Yan

thank you!

not looking for single track

so Hungry Lake to Norcan is a 2 track that is beginner friendly? or not quite? what are the challenging parts? deep water, mud, rocks, climbs?

same questions for what you call "old 77" if you don't mind please

what is the "original 77"?

thank you again!

Weetabix

Hi Yan. I've been up at the cottage and no cell signal or Wi-Fi. Mountain Chute express would not be much more challenging than the trail we did off California rd last week. Hardest part (in my opinion) would be the steep twisty hill not much past Hungry Lake. It's a good trail other than that.

Pam62

if anyone knows these trails -

- trail from Hungry Lake towards Norcan Lake

- trail from Govan Lake towards Barret Chute

could you please give an idea of their difficulty, or if they are beginner friendly.

Thank you!

P.S. I am aware that at least some of these trails require purchasing a road permit from North Frontenac Township
Yan,
There is an app called Ride OFTR that shows all the trails and difficulty rating in that area. I have also attached the key you will need explaining the ratings. Hope this helps.
Pam

Attachments

• OFTR Trail-Difficulty-Summary.pdf
    172.5 KB · Views: 7