Pipe guard skid plate combo

pat74

I got the Hyderacing and it has been holding pretty good for 2 years.

http://www.hyderacing.com/store/dirtbik ... tm?pid=383

The only problem with these is that they are mud scoop. With the Hyde racing version it was a fairly easy/cheap to fix. The metal one are heavier more expensive, but look much better.

I couldn't find it on Slavens racing website.

A replacement OEM pipe is 150$US with SRT:
http://www.srtoffroad.com/srt-pro-flo-2-stroke-pipe

Did you fix your pipe Boho? Last time we ride it was in pretty bad shape :eek:)

bohomoto

Hyde does not make a pipe guard / skid plate combo that fits a 2012 KTM 200 XC-W.

I could care less about dents to the pipe. I'm trying to stop bending the pipe out of alignment with the flange. Even if Hyde made something compatible with my bike, I don't think their products would prevent this because they are made out of plastic. When the plastic bends, so will the pipe.

I think I need a Beta. Pipes on the 2-smoker Betas are placed higher, making them less susceptible to bends.

Skyllz

bohomoto":2tqng8nt said:
I think I need a Beta. Pipes on the 2-smoker Betas are placed higher, making them less susceptible to bends.

I have noticed that also. Smart design.

As much as I can lift the front wheel most of the time over whatever I need to cross, the few times I land short... I do NOT like the sound it makes :oops:

bohomoto

zedro":11dcw7wx said:
My pipe is bent, but luckily the rad is now stopping it from moving further...

Is it your rad or your rad brace? Do you have rad braces?

Remember that Drew's landed on his pipe and cracked his rad this summer. Luckily, he didn't ride too far before hearing the sound of his engine ceasing (they'll do that without coolant).

We had to tow his bike from the bottom of Lost Saints to the road. He cracked the rad on the log at the beginning of Garnsey.

zedro

bohomoto":2voa4dwu said:
zedro":2voa4dwu said:
My pipe is bent, but luckily the rad is now stopping it from moving further...

Is it your rad or your rad brace? Do you have rad braces?.

My rad, don't have braces...not sure the rads are square enough to install them.

JPultz

Skyllz":s9pm7esr said:
I also noticed the YZ250X has the pipe sitting "above" the skidplate.
Yup, the yz250x pipe is tucked in real nice. Hopefully I can keep mine in nice shape for awhile!

pat74

HydeRAcing guard never bended for me. They are not made of regular plastic, it extremely hard. I dropped my bike a lot and never had issues. Though if you hit above the guard, that will still bend it.