New/Novice ride nights (Thursdays 5pm)

jbreedon

Now that the trails are open we can kick off the New/Novice ride nights again. We'll start back up this Thursday starting at 5pm. This is an opportunity for new or novice riders for to go out and learn some of the trails. The goal is to provide a low pressure opportunity to learn, ask questions and ride at an easy pace. Its not necessary, but it is helpful if you reply here to let us know if you're coming so we can plan accordingly.

See you Thursday.

Jeff

KG21

Now that the trails are open we can kick off the New/Novice ride nights again. We'll start back up this Thursday starting at 5pm. This is an opportunity for new or novice riders for to go out and learn some of the trails. The goal is to provide a low pressure opportunity to learn, ask questions and ride at an easy pace. Its not necessary, but it is helpful if you reply here to let us know if you're coming so we can plan accordingly.

See you Thursday.

Jeff
Where do you guys meet up? I see on the OFTR Trail Map there are two staging areas/parking lots. Finally how long do you guys go for? Thanks!

jbreedon

Where do you guys meet up? I see on the OFTR Trail Map there are two staging areas/parking lots. Finally how long do you guys go for? Thanks!
We meet at the pit (south parking lot) at 5:00. I'll be the guy in the dark grey Silverado with a Beta 300. The nice thing with Limerick is you're never far from the road so it makes the ride time pretty flexible to meet various schedules. We will typically ride for 1-2 hours depending on who is there and what they would like to ride.

dgreen67

We meet at the pit (south parking lot) at 5:00. I'll be the guy in the dark grey Silverado with a Beta 300. The nice thing with Limerick is you're never far from the road so it makes the ride time pretty flexible to meet various schedules. We will typically ride for 1-2 hours depending on who is there and what they would like to ride.
Hi Jeff,
I'll be joining you, looking forward to it!

Dave G.

Stonefly

Hi Jeff,
I'll be joining you, looking forward to it!

Dave G.

Hi Jeff - I'm planning on being there tonight. Happy to sweep if helpful but OK just riding if you're all set.
Russ (Beta 480)

jbreedon

Sadly I won't be able to make it this evening, however Brian is all set to lead the group. If you've never had the pleasure of following him around the forest, you're in for a real treat.

jbreedon

I think we're going to cancel this evening given the tornado watch in effect. Unless Russ is back with his new bike, I'd brave a tornado to see it.

Stonefly

Hey Jeff. Just back last night. Plan to do a first ride on new (to me) bike tomorrow, in the hopes my Thurs riding will be less like a tornado. See you soon.

jbreedon

Starting in July we're moving to every other week for the new rider nights. We'll run the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month at 5:00 pm. Let me know if you have any questions about the ride.

Jeff

NightRavenSix

Starting in July we're moving to every other week for the new rider nights. We'll run the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month at 5:00 pm. Let me know if you have any questions about the ride.

Jeff
First timer from Quebec, is this still on for August 4th? Thanks!

Hakim

Just got my membership in the mail and excited to join y'all on Thursday. I'm a new rider who's only gone off road twice (with many a fall) and I'm looking forward to learning.

Hakim

I'm going to be about 20 minutes late.

Update: nevermind,I won't be able to make it tonight. Have fun y'all!

Last edited:

jbreedon

Tonight will likely be the second last new rider night. By the end of September it will be too dark to ride in the evening. If you've been on the fence tonight would be a great opportunity to come out and see what its about.

Hakim

I'll be 30 minutes late tonight, fingers crossed I don't get another mechanical issue en route!