New/Novice ride nights (Thursdays 5pm)

jbreedon

Hey guys,
I had a great time in the trails today! Ended up with a nice big bruise on my side after the bike decided to take a nap. Some of those single tracks can get pretty tight. I'll need to invest in some better rubber next season; sand surfin' on 80/20 tires loses its appeal after a while. Thanks for everyone's patience and support! Looking forward to a few more rides this fall.
You did awesome! Great job in the sand. I'll get the water truck out for next week.

scottskywalker

It was my first time out with the group and I had a lot of fun! Thanks to everyone for showing me around. Cant wait until next week!

charlesc

Big thanks to Brian for being the pack guide today! He didn't lead us astray... well, maybe a couple of times. 🤪
Hopefully, we can squeeze in 1 or 2 more rides before the season ends.

jaydogg

Big thanks to Brian for being the pack guide today! He didn't lead us astray... well, maybe a couple of times. 🤪
Hopefully, we can squeeze in 1 or 2 more rides before the season ends.
Yeah I had a great time! Really enjoyed meeting and riding with you guys! Brian did a fabulous job leading and kudos to JC for bringing up the rear!

jbreedon

There won't be an organized ride tonight as both Brian and myself are away at the Cord. Feel free to still get together without us.
See everyone next week, it might be the last ride of the year. I can't believe how fast it is getting dark now.

scottskywalker

I won't be there tonight as I usually trailer my bike into work and leave from there. But with the weather I did not bother today. Kinda wish I had of in case it clears up.

Robw

Weather is looking pretty iffy so won’t be there tonight. For Jeff and Brian - have fun at the Cord, the rain should make it interesting??

jbreedon

I think this Thursday will be our last week. We will be running out of daylight really fast. Hope to see everyone for one last ride.

charlesc

I think this Thursday will be our last week. We will be running out of daylight really fast. Hope to see everyone for one last ride.
Hi Jeff,
Thursday Oct 7 is showing nice weather (20C). Do you think we can wring out one more ride? To address the daylight issue, maybe we start 15 mins earlier and finish 15 mins sooner. If Thursdays Limerick riding is over for this season, when would it start up again next year? Sorry for being presumptive, just hoping the fun riding continues!

jbreedon

Hi Jeff,
Thursday Oct 7 is showing nice weather (20C). Do you think we can wring out one more ride? To address the daylight issue, maybe we start 15 mins earlier and finish 15 mins sooner. If Thursdays Limerick riding is over for this season, when would it start up again next year? Sorry for being presumptive, just hoping the fun riding continues!
I'm not sure I can make it, but Brian will be able to be there. lets try for 4:30 so we have enough day light to make it worth the trip.

jbreedon

Yea, you are right. Also, there appears to be some logging operations in Limerick South:

I guess we'll have to wait until spring for our next ride : (
Hunting is permitted in Limerick but the only restriction to riding is during deer rifle season. This year that is the first 2 weeks on November if I'm not mistaken. The closure is posted on www.limerickforest.ca and on the BMA site. The rotating closures will only be in the area where they are actively logging so there will still be lots of trails to ride.

jaydogg

I'll be out there early, around 3ish if anybody is interested in getting some extra riding in, Blue Ford F150 and Red Honda CRF250

Robw

Can't make it tonight, but went for a ride this AM. Rode most of the North side and there is logging going on in the north east corner only (well marked). Didn't get to south side so don't know if logging ongoing there. Have a great ride!

Skeetnskrrt

I am a new rider this 2022 season and I am hoping that these Thursday novice rides continue. I missed out on the Novice training session that was offered as it is now full.

morriseyc

We are planning to run the new/novice rider night this year. A few more people have offered to help so I'm hoping we can split up the group if we need to depending on who makes it each week.
Also a new member here and back to owning / riding a bike after 30 years. Would love to participate in this if it can be organized.

Last edited: