New/Novice ride nights (Thursdays 5pm)

Robw

Thanks for organizing Jeff! Great ride other than clumsy me falling on that stump 🤬. Unfortunately Doc says I broke a rib so I’ll be out for a bit ☹️ - I guess a chest protector and /or better skills are in order. My wife is still in sympathy mode, but I see a few “I told you so’s” in my future ….

jbreedon

Thanks for organizing Jeff! Great ride other than clumsy me falling on that stump 🤬. Unfortunately Doc says I broke a rib so I’ll be out for a bit ☹️ - I guess a chest protector and /or better skills are in order. My wife is still in sympathy mode, but I see a few “I told you so’s” in my future

That sucks, I hope you get well soon. I can't believe you rode for that long with a broken rib. Let me know if you need anything.

jbreedon

Things are a go for this week. I'll be away, but Brian has stepped up and agreed to lead the ride. Have fun!

jbreedon

I got 6th which I'm good with.
Cool beans. Thanks Brian! How'd the race go Jeff?
I got 6th in vet A and 23rd overall which I'm good with. I got a 7th in vet B last time and its by far my least favorite course. It was great to get back out racing again though! See you guys next week.

Owmyeye

New member, 42 yo, CRF250R. Rode street for 20+ yrs but just starting trail/offroad. Looking to get to know the local trails and hungry for pointers on setup/technique. Out of town this wk but prob looking to come out Aug 4.

Cheers,

Justin

jbreedon

New member, 42 yo, CRF250R. Rode street for 20+ yrs but just starting trail/offroad. Looking to get to know the local trails and hungry for pointers on setup/technique. Out of town this wk but prob looking to come out Aug 4.

Cheers,

Justin
Hey Justin,
I think Thursday is the 5th. If not I'm in trouble. Hope to see you there.

Jeff

Pam62

There seems to be more and more requests from new or novice riders for an opportunity to go out and learn some of the trails. Starting next Thursday (July 15th) I can lead a group through Limerick starting at 5pm. I can run it most Thursday's for the remainder of the summer. We've done a couple of test rides and I think we have a format that will work for most new riders. I have a volunteer to help sweep the group and I must say he is one of the best coaches I've seen. If you're interested just reply to this post so we know who to expect. The goal is to provide a low pressure opportunity to learn, ask questions and ride at an easy pace.

Big thanks to Craig for helping out.

Jeff
Jeff,

Its going to be pretty hot, but I'd like to come out tonight if it's still on?

Pam CRF230L

scottskywalker

Hello all,

I would like to join your ride. I am new to dual sport. Just purchased a DRZ400S. I have taken it out to limerick and Calabogie so far. I'm 44 with limited experience. I did own a motorbike in my 20's. I won't be able to make it this week, as I am doing my safety course and the classroom portion is on Thursday. But I will make an effort to come out after this week. Please let me know if there is room, I will monitor this post. Thanks!

jbreedon

Hello all,

I would like to join your ride. I am new to dual sport. Just purchased a DRZ400S. I have taken it out to limerick and Calabogie so far. I'm 44 with limited experience. I did own a motorbike in my 20's. I won't be able to make it this week, as I am doing my safety course and the classroom portion is on Thursday. But I will make an effort to come out after this week. Please let me know if there is room, I will monitor this post. Thanks!
There is always room for one more! Good luck on the safety course.

jbreedon

Looks like the weather is going to cooperate again this week. Just a small chance of thunderstorms. See everyone tomorrow.

Pam62

Thanks guys, I had a blast last night!

If anyone is wondering about riding with us on Thursdays, I would highly recommend it! The trails at Limerick are awesome, lots of double and single track and in between! Great way to learn about trail riding. There is no pressure to ride above your level. Lots of good advice, and even help with getting my bike on and off the trailer!

Dan

Hey Everyone,

If there is room I’d like to join your ride group on Thursdays. I’ve been to Limerick a hand full of times and really enjoy the single track there. This is my second year riding my YZ 250 setup for trail riding and I would consider myself to be close to Intermediate skill level. Just looking to make some riding friends.

thanks!

Dan

flopper

Hey Everyone,

If there is room I’d like to join your ride group on Thursdays. I’ve been to Limerick a hand full of times and really enjoy the single track there. This is my second year riding my YZ 250 setup for trail riding and I would consider myself to be close to Intermediate skill level. Just looking to make some riding friends.

thanks!

Dan
Hi Dan,

Everyone is welcome. Always room for one more. See you Thursday.

Brian

jbreedon

The weather forecast is showing the rain will stop in time for the ride tonight. The good news is there won't be any dust! See everyone at 5.

charlesc

Hey guys,
I had a great time in the trails today! Ended up with a nice big bruise on my side after the bike decided to take a nap. Some of those single tracks can get pretty tight. I'll need to invest in some better rubber next season; sand surfin' on 80/20 tires loses its appeal after a while. Thanks for everyone's patience and support! Looking forward to a few more rides this fall.