Looking for ride buddy or spotter to go on trails -1st ride after bad fall

Eli

Hello,
I am new to the group. I have a 2020 Yamaha XT 250. I rode trail in late 70's early 80's on a Yamaha DT175, but then changed to sports touring bikes. So I am back as a beginner trail rider.

I am looking for a buddy (or buddies) for a first ride on a trail and who do not mind a slower rider. I am available evenings or some weekdays to ride after the 12th of July.

Full disclosure, I crashed a street bike in May, so I have not been able to attend any events or help out. Bones have just mended (apparently quickly for 60 year old woman). I would like to try a ride, but I don't know what speed I will be comfortable riding at, or for how long, since it will be my first time out on a trail since Covid hit and my accident. It will also be an exercise in getting my riding comfort level back up.

I was thinking of area 31. Or should I try a different trail first? I would appreciate your advice.
Eli

flopper

Hi Eli,

I would suggest you try Limerick Forest. It has everything from gravel fire roads, double track and lots of easy single track to work on your skills. It’s a fairly confined area and if you go on the weekend there are lots of people around should you run into any trouble.

Brian