Looking for recommendations on comms system for my helmet

Carfreak77

I’m new to riding and want a comms system for riding with my son. So far I’m looking at the sena 10s, sena 20s evo, and the cardo packtalk. I want something good for talking between the two of us for now and future proof so I don’t need to upgrade right away. Also playing music would be nice. Any advice or experience with would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mart242

I use a packtalk on my street bike. Works like a charm and a bit overkill in my case since the main use is when one of my kids rides pillion. Bought a 2nd audio & mic kit since I have 2 kids and their head isn't the same size so each of them has their own helmet.

Packtalk is nice because it is waterproof, as opposed to the sena which, per the manual, says to "avoid exposure to water" or something like that. Will definitely be buying more audio kits once the kids are up and running so that 1st and last rider can talk.

mart242

Update time! Got packtalks for the whole family (already had two so just bought audio/microphone kits for them to install in dirt bike helmets). Wow, so much better and it felt safer. Really nice to be able to tell the wife and kids what to watch for, where to turn, ride technique improvement, .. Nice to also let the kids roam free out of sight at the pit for example.

Range is average to say the least, with the trees and whatnot. Wife and kids all said that it made the ride much better. My wallet says otherwise :roll:

Carfreak77

Nice. I ended up getting the Sena 30K’s myself (found an amazon.com price on them that was obviously for a single unit but advertised as a dual and they honoured it). It really makes me more comfortable being able to talk to my son when he gets out of sight. It’s also nice to just chit chat with your teenager, that doesn’t happen very often.