Looking for recommendations for suspension setup

dgreen67

I recently bought a used KTM 350 exc-f. The seller had got a custom suspension setup done, having the bike lowered, new fork springs and shock spring tuned for his height and weight, etc.

I'm a fair bit taller and heavier than the the guy I bought it from, so I want to get the suspension set up for me. I'm looking for recommendations for local shops that have good experience with this sort of thing. I know Woody's advertises these services on their web site, but I'd like to get a few different options for local shops before deciding where to send it.

Let me know your experiences (good/bad/otherwise).

Thanks,

Dave

Gord

Unless you want to restore original height (undo the lowering) immediately, you may want to get the right springs and ride it for a while. It may be fine, and if not you will have a better idea of what you want to change with more involved suspension work.

For right springs, I would start with whoever did the previous suspension work. They know what they did and can suggest the right springs (the rate, and whether you might need shorter than stock for the lowered front).

Swapping springs is an easy DIY for the shock. More involved for forks (and likely needs special tools) but almost any local shop could do the spring swap.

For your actual question, I have no experience with local shops, good experience with Landing Gear (long ago) and good experience with Lang's Off-Road (Enduro Engineering suspension shop, among other things). They are in other parts of Ontario...