Limerick Ride

ls1velle

Took my son (6) for a ride on Sunday. He did amazing, we rode 2 track for the most part and a few smoother single track trails. The only fall he had was when he couldn't find his footing at the end of the trail.

On another note does anyone know how I can add him to my membership. I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_9537.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 2,481

jbreedon

At the pit:
The 1105 and 1107 are pretty good for kids. We use those loops for the kids and beginners at the orientation ride. Only the South side of 1105 is open right now (between the 1203 and Cotton Hill Rd. on the map), but it does have one small tree down for him to cross. The parts of 1101 closest to Forsythe Rd are also not too bad. Just stay west of the 1205 or you'll hit the rocks, roots and hill. The back pit at the end of 40 acre trail has a grass track that is good for kids too. Its not part of Limerick though so use at your own risk.

At the Y:
2118 is pretty good with only a couple of tricky (for a 6 year old and some of the guys I ride with) sections. If you want to miss them just take it from the parking area right to Typhair trail and take that to 2210 and jump back on where the 2210 and 2202 meet. That will get you around the section with a couple of ruts etc. The 2102 isn't too bad now either since they took out a few of the tight trees this winter. It does have a couple of hills in it, but if you do it last your son will likely be roosting you by that point.

Any questions or if you want a guided tour PM me.

Jeff

mart242

Great! Thanks Jeff! Super useful information. I'll give the pit ones a try on Saturday with the wife and kids! It should keep them busy for a little while and with what you provided I shouldn't need to take up any of your time for a guided tour. :D