Limerick Forest Family Fun Day

sebasdusty

Hi, I want to Know some détails about the family day at limerick.
Me (250cc) , my wife (80cc) and my daughter (50cc) already went to this place and we loved the site with the great Trail choices.
My question is, For the event , is the ride organized for different catégories (dad, kid, etc...) with different Trails and with guides for each "catégories?
Or is it "free ride" all together

pat74

sebasdusty":cb8bdew8 said:
Hi, I want to Know some détails about the family day at limerick.
Me (250cc) , my wife (80cc) and my daughter (50cc) already went to this place and we loved the site with the great Trail choices.
My question is, For the event , is the ride organized for different catégories (dad, kid, etc...) with different Trails and with guides for each "catégories?
Or is it "free ride" all together

Hi,

There will be people to guide you from the start, but not in each trails. The trails will be arrowed so all traffic goes in one direction. I think there will be some different level of trails, but at limerick you only have 2 level, easy and medium, they will be identified with different colored arrow I believe.
Though for beginner nothing is easy and this is challenging for the organization to guarantee that we accommodate the very beginners. Limerick is a forest with sand, some rocks, some trees, and small hills, there is ATV size trails that goes around the Limerick forest and those should be comfortable for very beginners. If they are not then I recommend staying in those ATV trails until they become comfortable.
There might be a lot of bikes going around and that could be intimidating too, they might want to pass you in the trails and that's ok, it is usually done with respect.

sebasdusty

ok good answer, we will be there... i will guide my girls! lol... i will bring my little daughter in the large atv trail like we usually do...

i will send my inscription formulaire

thanks

sebasdusty

For the 2017 family ride, is the bma membreship is required?
(160$ for two adult )

Or is it only 30$ For this activity for non-member family registration (2 adultes , 1 child) Like it is write on your web site ??

Because I Heard that the bma registration is required this year to ride at limerick .

Thx

jbreedon

This year it is a requirement to be an OFTR member to ride dirt bikes or an OFATV member to ride ATV's in Limerick forest. This is a requirement from the forest manager. You don't have to be a BMA member specifically as long as you are an OFTR member. For example if you joined the the OFTR and selected SCORRA as your club because you ride in Simcoe County more than you would still be able to ride in Limerick without being a BMA member. If you ride primarily in Eastern Ontario BMA would be the best option as a portion of your OFTR membership would go to the BMA and help build and maintain the trails you ride. Plus you would get attend many of the club rides and training events for free, including the family fun day.

Carfreak77

Just wanted to thank all the people that put on the family fun day. Well done. It was another good day meeting good people.

mart242

Big thank you for the volunteers! The courses were well laid out, my kids found the green quite a challenge in a few spot since it's their first year riding. They had fun though :p

rossw

Administrator
Staff member
Agree, amazing ride. Best ride ever at Limerick!

If anyone happened to record a track, I would appreciate if you could share it with me.