Larose Trail Damage!

slowe1

Just returned from checking the status of the trails in Larose. This is a family forum so I will try and communicate this message without the language I really would like to use. Somebody has totally destroyed an excellent new track that was not ready to be opened. We spent weeks last fall and this spring marking and clearing 6km of new trails in the forest. Most of these trails were going to be very well suited to new and novice riders. Anyone that rides at Larose understands that the ground is incredibly soft at the best of times and it should be avoided when wet. This is doubly true on a new trail. One or two riders thinking they were Jeremy McGrath did laps and laps on a new very soft trail and now there are ruts 1 foot deep on almost the entire south trail. They are ruined to the extent that I don't believe they can be repaired. I was also there Sunday May 15 and everything was fine. This damage happened this week. If anyone knows who did this damage they should be reported. I'm not sure what can be done but they are trespassing on private land if the trails are closed. I'm positive that the jerks were not among the dozen people that showed up on trail maintenance day April 30th. We have closed all south trails. The North trails by the parking lot are OK to ride but a gentle throttle should be used in the wet or new sections. It's common sense. right??

Last edited: