Larose - June 3'rd

rossw

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone planning to head out to Larose on Saturday?

How does Larose compare Limerick?

Aube

Hi Ross,

Unfortunately I'll be at Valley Super Sport MX track again on saturday, just down the road from Larose.

There are basically 5 areas in Larose. The entrances to the east side of the road are the oldest, section 1 in the image what you would find in Limerick, flat, sandy, great for begginers. Section 2 which is directly linked to 1 is where it gets a little more difficult, still flat, but there are a lot of roots mixed in with a little swamp this time of year, and it's generally rough and beats the forearms if you try to ride it fast. If you're riding it slowly it shouldn't be too tough....just don't stop because the bugs will carry you and your bike away :)

Sections 3,4,5 are where we spend the majority of our time on the ride nights. They are short loops where we can see each other often. There are a lot of obstacles that can be challenging to ride fast, but aren't too difficult if riding nice and slow and in most cases there is a way around them.

I generally spend most of my time in 1 and 3 if I'm there with my 7 yr old.

I can't seem to embed the image so here's the link, I've just added numbers to give you an idea of the sections that I'm referring to.

http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y35 ... yl61e2.png

Marty

rossw

Administrator
Staff member
Marty, thanks for the detail and map!

Steve, I am fairly flexible. What works best for you?

Aube

You park in the side of the road near the trail map. Similar to the board that is found in Limerick.

Marty

dschultz

Administrator
There's still quite a bit of water on the trails. This will make it more challenging for new riders. Luckily the bottom of almost all the water sections is fairly solid so you shouldn't get stuck anywhere if you maintain your momentum.