KTM 350-EXC-F Fuel Pump Replacement - Factory or ?

gman

At around 500hrs on my 2015 350EXC-F and have not done a thing other than maintenance and regulary replacing shattered plastics and worn bearings. Valves still in spec, starts and runs great.

But feels like I may be running on borrowed time with the Fuel Pump. I change inline (external) fuel filter every oil change. But having a ride end (badly... or before it begins) sucks and I think it's time to do the fuel pump.

Question: Factory or aftermarket?

Factory rough price is $399USD for the entire assembly. I've been told by mechanics I trust that just replacing the pump (only... and bushings/orings), you're prob only doing 50% of the job from a reliability perspective. All (without exception) have advised to just replace the entire assembly.

Slavens has a minimal preplacement kit (that requires you use some existing factory parts... see note above) from HFP for ~$80USD with a lifetime warranty: https://slavensracing.com/shop/fuel-pump-ktm-husaberg-husqvarna-ca-cycleworks/

Rottweiler has an entire assembly replacement kit (also based on the HFP pump with lifetime warranty) for ~ $180 USD. This is the one I am leaning towards as it's absolute plub-n-play... and has a lifetime warranty. Which is a lifetime longer than I'll have this bike. But good for piece of mind?

Experiences? Thoughts? Other options? All-Balls makes a kit. So does Quantum. Those are lesser-known brands to me.

gman

stephlal

Braaaaap!
Staff member
Slavens HFP and Rottweiler's HFP are both Quantum brand.
I changed my 690 pump 16,000 Km's ago to Quantum and no issues, it's the go to for aftermarket.

The entire assembly is not necessary, you only need the pump and the inline in-tank filter. Based on your comment I don't think you've ever replaced the in-tank filter, it's overdue.

Pick the part # you want, and google search to buy, or buy from them directly at https://www.highflowfuel.com/produc...le-scooter~yr_2015~mk_ktm~dq_350-exc-f~zp_efi

At a minimum you want HFP-389-U2F to get the fuel pump replacement and the in-tank filter.
Do not get a filter from NAPA or car parts store, they can't handle the PSI of our systems and will disintegrate = needs a tow

gman

Slavens HFP and Rottweiler's HFP are both Quantum brand.
I changed my 690 pump 16,000 Km's ago to Quantum and no issues, it's the go to for aftermarket.

The entire assembly is not necessary, you only need the pump and the inline in-tank filter. Based on your comment I don't think you've ever replaced the in-tank filter, it's overdue.

Pick the part # you want, and google search to buy, or buy from them directly at https://www.highflowfuel.com/produc...le-scooter~yr_2015~mk_ktm~dq_350-exc-f~zp_efi

At a minimum you want HFP-389-U2F to get the fuel pump replacement and the in-tank filter.
Do not get a filter from NAPA or car parts store, they can't handle the PSI of our systems and will disintegrate = needs a tow
Sweet. Thx Steph. All roads started pointing to Quantum after I called around. Slavens says same thing you are recommending. Quantum have the whole assembly. I'm a lover, not a mechanic. 4 kids, two houses, 3 bikes, etc. One failure during a ride is worth the extra $ to me. I only want Lego complexity replacement parts ;) They have the full assemblies and will save me time and hassle when replacing. Plus if anything happens, their LT warranty seems to cover it. Kudos to Rottweiler for referring me directly to Quantum. Classy... Now if I can just find that 10mm socket!