Is Larose Forest Open?

Skeetnskrrt

Their website says it is closed March 15th to May 15th but the BMA message from March 26th saying to stay off the trails is still up so I'm not sure if it's open.

Thanks!

slowe1

Their website says it is closed March 15th to May 15th but the BMA message from March 26th saying to stay off the trails is still up so I'm not sure if it's open.

Thanks!
The trails by the parking lot are open. The south trails are closed. The closed trails are further down the road and around the corner and includes the new pine forest on the far east side south of the motocross track. The trail that continues south is taped off, says closed and has a W on it.
The trails that are open in the north are pretty good. Enjoy your ride and take it easy in the wet spots.

Last edited:

slowe1

The trails by the parking lot are open. The south trails are closed. The closed trails are further down the road and around the corner and includes the new pine forest on the far east side south of the motocross track. The trail that continues south is taped off, says closed and has a W on it.
The trails that are open in the north are pretty good. Enjoy your ride and take it easy in the wet spots.
We cleaned trees from the storm on the north end. There are still a few on the north east side but they are passable. Tons of trees down on the south trails. If anyone can clear the trees on the trail by the road that would be great. I can’t get there this week.
The south trails are still closed but are drying nicely.

Northridge

Hi All..........
We could use some help to clear the trails at Larose, as slowe1 mentioned we cleared the 3 trails at the start, that is the west trail, and the two north trails, but the whole south still needs to be cleared. That is the green, pink and yellow on the east/south of the word parking in the attached drawing.
I am going to head over to clear some more on Friday, I will be there at 3:00 with my bike and chainsaw. If you can help out, please do. Either come and help me out, or go anytime that you can.

Thanks, Ed

Attachments

• Larose overhead 2015.jpg
    Larose overhead 2015.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 6

Northridge

I cleared the remainder of the north part of the trails today. That is the green on the east side and a bit of the yellow back to the parking. The south trails are ribboned off for the clearing of the trees and the rider damage that was done before the trails were opened.
Mark is working along the road in the back and Eric work along the road yesterday. Thanks to folks that are helping out.

Skeetnskrrt

Hey I got out tonight too! I cleared what I could find that needed clearing. I’ll bring my saw whenever I go and clear what I find down if I go again this weekend.

Thanks for clearing today Ed!

Joel

Northridge

Thanks Joel!
Steve and I went out this morning and cleared all but the inside 2 trails that run north to south. We did not ride these trails so no idea what needs to be done. The good news is that another fellow arrived as we we leaving and we pointed him to the middle trails.

It was very very wet in the south end, so those trails are ribboned off to keep them closed until they dry some more.

Thanks to everyone who helped out.

Ed

slowe1

Thanks Joel!
Steve and I went out this morning and cleared all but the inside 2 trails that run north to south. We did not ride these trails so no idea what needs to be done. The good news is that another fellow arrived as we we leaving and we pointed him to the middle trails.

It was very very wet in the south end, so those trails are ribboned off to keep them closed until they dry some more.

Thanks to everyone who helped out.

Ed
Two guys we’re heading in to hit the last trails in the middle when I left. I think they were Simon and Brent? Please let us know if you got through. Thanks everyone.

brantster

Very close! Simon and Brant*. The middle section is now cleared. Took about 2 hours , there were about 5 or 6 big trees down.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

slowe1

Very close! Simon and Brant*. The middle section is now cleared. Took about 2 hours , there were about 5 or 6 big trees down.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Excellent! Thanks guys. All I knew for sure is that both of you had bikes that were way too shiny and clean.